What's new

1964 1.1 with ROM Paging

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
What is this?

This is a version of the 1964 1.1 codebase with experimental code for paging ROM data from the hard drive. The codebase builds the original 1964 1.1 Win32 release, as well as the xbox port for Surreal64.

What can you do to help?

Currently, there is a known regression where Goldeneye fails to boot when any/all ROM data is assigned to the page table.

Binary & Source Download

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3gtxyv42fghu8up/1964_11_RP.7z?dl=0

Last edited:
OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
schibo gave me a couple hints, and I was able to squash some bugs in dynaCPU.cpp and DMA.cpp. I'm having a really hard time finding crashes now, so I would consider this change set complete.

I can account for one regression where GoldenEye does not boot. This is a known regression as it also happens with the original ROM paging changes for 1964 0.8.5. You can confirm this yourself by un/defining USE_ROM_PAGING. I can't put my finger on what prevents GE from booting. Stepping through sounds reasonable but I don't know where exactly to look, yet anyway.

OP
weinerschnitzel

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Shameful self bump.

There is an issue where Conker's BFD does not load when using ROM Paging and disabling Link Blocks (default setting). A hack was added to fix Link Blocks for this game so it could be used with the ROM Paging build. The hack simply forces 0.8.5 style Link Blocks if Conker is booted.

I added a link to the first post because that would make sense.