What's new

Problem with Battletanx input codes in 1.6

jjmad

Hi, I hope this is the right place. I know there are cheats installed by programmers but there are also input codes on the machine itself. Like say for South Park 64, you enter "bobbybird" and you get everything.

Well, for battletanx it has a similar thing only there are no mastercheats because invincibility would basically leave you stuck in bonus rounds. But there is one input code I wanted to play with right off the bat - LSTLSTGNGS - which allows you to choose sides or use the other gangs tanks/vehicles. But when I enter the code, it says it's invalid. I know that emulation must be a thankless job and there may be some things that just can't be fixed. At the moment, anyway. But this is something from within the game. I've looked for people having the same problem and I haven't found anyone experiencing the same thing. It becomes even more difficult to search out because most people are asking how to use hack cheats, or whatever you call them.

I'm sorry, I know this forum seems very inactive leading me to believe many have either abandoned the project or all has been well with the latest release. Could it be a strict PJ64 issue? I've tried other emulators but they're not agreeing with my computer. It's Win7 Pro 64 bit...maybe that's an issue? I just don't know, that's why I registered here.

Any help or points in the right directions would be appreciated. Thanks.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Hmm, if it's an in game cheat it should be emulated. Are you sure that you're entering the passcode correctly?

EDIT:
IGN_Cheats said:
Cheat Codes

To activate a cheat, highlight "Input Code" at the Options screen and enter the corresponding code below.

Cheat Code All gangs (Campaign mode) LTSLTSGNGS (Not LSTLSTGNGS)

Last edited:
OP
J

jjmad

If it ain't segasages, don't trust it. Yeah, I got the code from a bunk site, I guess. Sorry to waste your time with such a simple, stupid thing I neglected to do...just check a trusted site. Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. And for all you've done, emulators are the greatest thing to hit the net since some other stuff we'll let remain unidentified. Pick your poison, it's there.

Thanks again.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Err, okay, I guess. If a cheat doesn't work 90% of the time it's do to miss-keying the code.
It's not a waste of time if you learn something.
Thank you for your kind words and welcome to Emutalk.