What's new

Dreamcast Emulation On A Portable Device - The JXD S7800b

Wraggster

DCEmu Webmaster
Administrator
51iHstj15XL._SY450_.jpg

For those who know me know ive been a fan of emulation for 20 years or more, the reason i started a videogames website was purely because i like to play emulators of old consoles on a single device.

Recently the homebrew/emulation scene has been stagnant, no real breakthroughs means that the best way is to buy a device that is made for emulation fans like myself, i reviewed the JXD S7300 Android Tablet and for a fan like me i loved it. The Android tablet was for me perfect, the mixing of old style controls and touchscreen inside an Android OS and with Gamecenter X you could download games onto your console with no messing around, the console/tablet game with Android/N64/Megadrive/Arcade/GBA and Nes Emulators with games built in, beyond awesome.

But JXD since then have brought out a new and improved JXD S7800b Gaming Tablet which features PS1, MAME, Dreamcast, N64, NeoGeo, Atari, NES, SNES, Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gameboy Advance, SEGA Master System, SEGA Mega Drive, CPS1, CPS2, Amiga, Commodore 64, ZX Spectrum Emulation to name just a few, am i salivating ?, hell yes.

The JXD S7800b Gaming Tablet has a 7" 1280x800 IPS 5 Point Multi-Touch Capacitive Screen, RockChip RK3188 QuadCore 1.8GHz CPU - 2GB DDR3 RAM - 8GB Memory, Network Wi-Fi(802.11 b/g/n), External Ethernet,3G with Dongle and runs Android 4.2.2 Jellybean OS.

So this Android Tablet runs one of the latest versions of the Android OS plus comes built in with all them emulators and you can do what you would expect from a normal Android Tablet.

Check out the JXD S7800B

death--droid

I bought a JXD S7800B when they first came out :\ stupid thing randomly died on me and become completely non functional. Also note unless things have changed, the whole 1.8ghz is a bit of a lie, as its firmware has the cpu locked to 1.6ghz and lower. Attempting to push the core to the 1.8ghz causes it to crash out and drain the battery extremely fast XD

Don't get me wrong though, while the device actually worked it was brilliant and functioned quite well. JXD just have a bit of a Quality assurance problem XD

EDIT:
Woohoo managed to actually get my device working again, and im loving it. It's amazing for emulation :)

Last edited:

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
Looks like a cool device. Does it include rumble support? It doesn't have the best SOC hardware, but not the worst too. Probably works great as a retro-console emulator console for your TV. It may be a bit limited if you want to emulate PSP or OpenGL rendering in PSX emulation, but the integration of controls and pricing makes for a great little device.

OldSchool

Retro Gaming Fanatic!
Love my JXD S7800B. I AM USING AN ALTERNATE FIRMWARE. the stock one as usual with JXD devices was usable but not ideal.

While it does play DREAMCAST pretty well I gotta say I really been enjoying PS1 emulation on my JXD s7800b Handheld! Just played some HOT SHOTS GOLF 2 with it and the emulator even finds and downloads GameShark codes! All players and courses available immediately! Brought back a lot of great PlayStation memories!