What's new

Glide64mk Mac OSX Compiling

WallWatcher

Hey

So I'm using (or attempting to use) Glide64mk on my Mac to use high res textures. Unfortunately...I'm no compiler. Command lines honestly scare me and I don't even know where to start. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!

V1del

You don't have to compile, glide64mk2 should be included in the 2.0 release just the glide_run.sh that should be around somewhere (or execute /path/to/mupen64plus --gfx mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2 /path/to/rom , or use m64py for a graphical frontend) That said, there have been reports of hires textures not working on OSX causes aren't really known right now

OP
W

WallWatcher

...ah. Now I see where I was going wrong.

Now the problem is getting the .dat pack loaded! It IS in my ~./.cache/mupen64plus/glidehq folder. Bleh.

V1del

Yeah for some reason OSX seems to have problems loading hires, I don't know if people were using wrong settings (which I doubt as I put up my own working config on Linux for reference) or OSX has some strange quirks that haven't been adressed yet. Debugging this is going to be hard though as none of the core devs use a mac (there were some commits by mac people in the past, maybe one of them looks into it)

Moshroum

Yeah for some reason OSX seems to have problems loading hires, I don't know if people were using wrong settings (which I doubt as I put up my own working config on Linux for reference) or OSX has some strange quirks that haven't been adressed yet. Debugging this is going to be hard though as none of the core devs use a mac (there were some commits by mac people in the past, maybe one of them looks into it)

The 2.0 doesn't have the glide64mk2 cache enabled. The cache loading was enabled later because Djipi had this ****ty idea to distribute the cache files for his texture pack instead of the actual textures. The change can be found at https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupe...mmit/b29bc90c9269409908dad1efcfa8b223f74a5887

Maybe Richard42 should make a new release. Also a new release of m64py would be nice.

V1del

Ah yeah that could be, didn't remember this particular commit and I run git versions anyway so I didn't notice... But new release would be nice there were some neat changes with the counterperop settings and MusyX HLE... And compiling seems to be quite a pain on OSX and I can't really help as I don't use it.

IhaveanideaEDIT:

M64py ships with updated versions of m64p and plugins on mac, so you could try to use it instead.

Last edited: