What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Having trouble find a completed Paper Mario 64 texture packet?

groovydingo

Hi, sorry if this has been posted before , but I've been having trouble finding a completed Paper Mario 64 HD texture packet. I'm new here and I've tried using the search functions for the site, but didn't really come across the answer I was looking for. I'm using the Project 64 emulator. If anyone can answer this or send me a link to a good HD texture packet for Paper Mario 64 I would really appreciate it. Thanks in advance! And sorry again if I posted in the wrong spot or if this has been posted before.

OP
G

groovydingo

ahhh bummer. But thanks for the link, I appreciate it! I guess I'll check this one out. One last question though. As for plugging in texture packets do I go to settings then change the "video graphics plugin" to what I downloaded? Or is that not the correct way to use it?

OP
G

groovydingo

Ok last question....maybe. So the first time I ran it my computer froze. Then I realized it might be because I forgot to download Glider 64. So I downloaded that and it didn't freeze this time. But I'm not sure if I put in the texture correctly because it didn't show the "loading textures" screen when I loaded up the game and I also didn't see the "texture enhancement" settings in my options menu. I'm using Project 64 so maybe that's why. There was a check box that says "use texture filter" so I clicked that box. Did I make a mistake?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Configure the plugin to allow you to see the texture enhancement options.
  Spoiler:
attachment.php

OP
G

groovydingo

ahhh ok. yea I see what's wrong. The Glide 64 plugin doesn't show up in my Project 64 settings when I try to change video plugin. Do you know how I can fix that?

- - - Updated - - -

Tried to take a screenshot of the issue, but I guess it keeps getting denied.

So I figured out the problem. Now all I have to do is fix how to get rid the squares that appear behind the text and characters.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Inside the Glide64 folder that you should have already downloaded there is a folder called Wrapper and inside a file called glide3x.dll
Place this file into the main directory of your emulator (PJ64).

OP
G

groovydingo

I did this. But when I play the game there are grey squares around the text in the game and around the characters.

OP
G

groovydingo

The same setting as the ones in the pictures for the tutorial. The texture actually shows up as well when I don't use Glide64 with less texture issues, but there are still some. Also a box pops up when I open the game saying "failed to open Flashram", but even though it pops up game still runs. Also I've been trying to record my playthrough but when I open my recording device I get this issue.

"Texture -> Map Failed: 0x887a0005 0x887a007 , Your video card or driver froze and was reset. Please check for possible hardware/driver issues. This error can also occur if you have enabled opencl in x264 custom settings."

Sorry with all my questions today, I'm not tech-savvy enough to figure it out on my own haha, but I do appreciate you responding to me so quickly.

OP
G

groovydingo

1.6. Wasn't aware there was a 2.0 cause the site I got it at only went up to 1.6.

Last edited: