What's new

Connectivity With VBA-M Problems?

RetroRampage

Hello all!

I seem to have a big problem when trying to transfer Chao using Dolphin and VBA-M.
A bit of backstory before I get to the problem.
I made it my goal to 100 percent complete every single Sonic game on the Gamecube, and just completed Sonic Adventure DX.
Now, for those who don't know, to complete the game 100 percent, you have to collect all of the emblems.
Some emblems are earned by beating all of the Chao Races. While raising my chao for those races, I became really attached to it, and now I want to bring it to Sonic Adventure 2, so I can race with it more, and play with it in SA2's better chao garden!
The problem with that is, you need a GBA, with a connector to the gamecube. I don't have that connector!
So, using a Gamecube Memory Card Manager on the Wii's Homebrew Channel, I was able to bring my chao garden save file to my PC, and open it using Dolphin.

My plan was: I can transfer my chao from SADX to the Tiny Chao Garden, import the chao into SA2B, save, and import the save into my wii, so I can play normally.
I was only half successful.

First off, I downloaded the VBA-M emulator and the GBA bios. Dolphin was already on my PC, as I use it a lot.
I open Sonic Adventure, VBA-M, went into the chao garden and enabled Joybus.

I was successful in transferring my chao to VBA-M, as shown in the screen shots (attached).
But when opening Sonic Adventure 2 and trying to bring the chao in, it can't read the chao for some reason.

So, I know my settings are correct, because I got it to connect before. but for some reason SA2 can't connect to it. Some help would be greatly appreciated! :happy:

Attachments

• Transfering the Chao to VBA-M.jpg
    Transfering the Chao to VBA-M.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 337
  • VBA-M with Tiny Chao Garden.png
    VBA-M with Tiny Chao Garden.png
    12 KB · Views: 294
  • SA2 not reading the chao.jpg
    SA2 not reading the chao.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 452