What's new

PS3 controller for project 64

Playstation 3 controller with project 64

I was wondering if it's possible to use a playstation 3 controller with project 64, wirelessly?

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

He said wirelessly.

As long as his computer has Bluetooth 2.0, then yes.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
This utility should do the trick for you.
After you have installed the drivers you will need to go into your Controller Plugin within PJ64.
We as a community recommend using the latest release of the N-Rage plugin.
Select to use your new device, configure the buttons, then click apply.

Source page.

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

It just seems a bit strange that you have to install a third party program to use it, when most controllers does not require it?

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

It says in this video that you need bluetooth 4.0 to use it, so im not sure if it's backwards compatible?

Last edited:
OP
U

Ultimatium

I figured out a solution. I bought a playstation 3 controller and installed the drivers from this website. It works without any problems. I suggest to avoid the motion joy program, as it's full of virus and spyware, plus it causes problems for most people.

Last edited:

spotanjo3

I figured out a solution.

I bought a PS3 controller and installed the drivers from this website.

It works without any problems.

I suggest to avoid the motion joy program, as it is full of virus and spyware, and causes problems for most people.

Before I used Windows 7 with Sony laptop.. You are right about motion joy.. Its not good program because of virus and spyware. PCSX2 team recommend this one:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-XInput-Wrapper-for-DS3-and-Play-com-USB-Dual-DS2-Controller

Anybody else.. Try this link above. It is safe and approval by PCSX2 team.

Anyway, I tried and worked great! Now, I no longer have a Windows anymore.

The MAC OS X with a retina is the one I am using right now and it is easy and less hassle because I do not need any programs to installed the hassle tools to playing SNES, PCSX2, Dolphin, and anything with my PS3 controller. A Mac OS X come with bluetooth in it and it is easy for me. All I have to do just let bluetooth turn on and read my PS3 controller and there you go. Less hassle. :D

Last edited: