What's new

Cave SH3

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
MAME already supports those. Besides, Demul most likely won't add SH-3 support anyway, because it doesn't support PGM games (or its variants) to begin with (arcade hardware that is not developed by Sega - and games seem to be strictly 2D with pseudo-3D effects)

Gaelco and Atomiswave are an exception despite not being developed by Sega simply because they both use PowerVR graphics. So basically, if a game doesn't run on PowerVR, don't expect it to get emulated in Demul.

Last edited:
OP
M

mind bender

MAME already supports those. Besides, Demul most likely won't add SH-3 support anyway, because it doesn't support PGM games (or its variants) to begin with (arcade hardware that is not developed by Sega - and games seem to be strictly 2D with pseudo-3D effects)

Gaelco and Atomiswave are an exception despite not being developed by Sega simply because they both use PowerVR graphics. So basically, if a game doesn't run on PowerVR, don't expect it to get emulated in Demul.

They actually did add Cave sh3 support in the Demul v0.5.7 Test Build but later removed it. MAME does a bad job at emulating Cave sh3 unless your running a high end I5 or I7 things get quite Laggy.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Hmm. My laptop is nowhere near an I5 or an I7, but the lag I experienced wasn't overly huge in most of the games. Granted, I used a non-official MAME build and tinkered with the options quite a bit, but still.

Not that I would even try playing those games on Maniac Mode or higher to begin with. You'd need the games to be entirely smooth for that. Greath games nonetheless, especially Mushihime-sama Futari and Deathsmiles.

MetalliC

Demul developer
long story short: more than 3 years ago Cave CV1000 was reversed and emulated by Demul-team, some time later with our help, information and support it was emulated in MAME too, some more time later Cave guys "asked" as to remove emulation of their's system (because they planned to re-release games for Android/iOS), so MAME and Demul removed CV1000 emulation (actually just disabled in public builds).

now it looks like enough time passed and Cave gain enough money from mobile ports, so CV1000 emulation was reenabled in MAME, as well as in next Demul release.