What's new

GameCube: Worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josep

eyerun4phun
I dunno for other people, but the GC just dropped 50 bucks where i live, now currently $150 bucks;) Anyone think its worth it? I've heard recent limitations on the GC that with those mini discs they can't hold much data, blah blah blah, and the games don't have much of anywhere to go? Anyone beg to differ? I kinda of want to get one, but i don't know how they are going to last game-wise.

Tri-Force

Philosopher Warrior
Look at the play station. if need be a game will be put on mulitple disks. and i ASURE you that when Zelda comes out it will be SO WORTH IT.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, i sure hope so;) i've heard that the broadband adapter for GC will be only $39.99, very promising...keeping in mind the broadband adapter for the dreamcast was over $119.00 last time i checked...;)

Macca

/me slaps Josep for listening to those crazy people

oh course the discs can hold a hellova lot and of course there will be multiple disc games.

Have you played any games yet? people i know have Monkey ball, Wave race, rogue and ssbm, and already we have done like 4 overnighters of just playing them :D

Games to come in the future? didn't yo see E3, Metroid, Mario and Zelda. Besdies them and in the closer future we have eternal darkness, monkeyball 2, animal crossing, starfox.....the list just goes on.

Put it this way, if you can afford it and a couple of games, it'll be one of your best buys ever.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
hehe, ok, just wanted to make sure the gamecube would be promising, like, the games i would buy for it would only be for it and not my pc;) usually they aren't, but i don't want a ps2...i already have a stand alone dvd player;) And x-box, o wait, yea i have a computer with a better video card;) Isn't there going to be a keyboard and stuff with the GC soon? or was that something else? btw, does anyone know if gamecube uses Component cables? would like this to be on my HDTV;)

Reznor007

Gamecube supports RF, composite, Svideo, Component, and on progressive capable screens 480P HDTV mode. Also, in Europe it supports RGB/SCART.

The discs are 1.5GB...Zelda:OOT was 32MB...think about that for a sec :)

Raging Fuel

The jumbles man, the jumbles
Yes, there is going to be a keyboard/controller, its being made for PSO atm, but other games will probably support it later. But it does take 2 controller ports, so u can only have 2 at a time. IMO you should wait until the end of the year to buy a GC. There isn't anything that good out yet (resident evil, if u live where its out, and smash bros are probably the best available) but around xmas there should be a huge amount of great games released.

OP
Josep

Josep

eyerun4phun
well, this local place is selling it for $149 right now, with a free controller, for just one week;) hehe, kinda makes you rush into it, and i'm guessing GC won't drop anymore for awhile, even till xmas? doesn't seem like it will now, I'll more than likely just get it tommorow;) i haven't bought a console in awhile, the controller is included with the retail package right? i'm not going crazy?;) just making sure:blush:

Reznor007

The console comes with 1 controller in the box.

Also, there are plenty of good Gamecube games. I have 9 myself, and I don't have Pikmin or Waverace yet.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
If I was still a console person who was after multiplayer, I would pick xbox, despite how much I hate MS. Its $50 cheaper and already includes the necessary hardware.

Hehe not only that but the gamecube somehow reminds me of a kindergarten girls lunchpale.

Slougi

AlphaWolf said:
If I was still a console person who was after multiplayer, I would pick xbox, despite how much I hate MS. Its $50 cheaper and already includes the necessary hardware.

Hehe not only that but the gamecube somehow reminds me of a kindergarten girls lunchpale.
exactly

Gorxon

Administrator
AlphaWolf said:

I hope you meant internet multiplay, for the GC is THE multiplayer machine when it comes to one-console gaming....(SSB:M :blush:, SMB and so on )...even the N64 was a GREAT console when it came to playing with friends...much better than PS where you needed a multitap if you were more than two players...and with no games (almost) supporting over 2...:sleepy:

Macca

ssbm is endless mulitplayer fun, as i've said i've clocked up hours with friends and am nowhere near bored

blizz

Reasons for Cube: Metroid, Zelda, Mario, SSBM, SMB, PSO Ep1&2, Eternal Darkness, Resi 1, Resi 0, Star Fox Adventures, Star Fox, F-Zero

Reasons For PS2, FF games, ICO, MGS2, Shinobi, Gungrave, Devil May Cry1/2, SSX

Reasons for X-Box, Panzer Dragoon Orta... hang on I'm thinking... MGS2 Substance which is also on the PS2

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
And anyway, it`s all as simple as that: if you like what ninty does, i.e Zelda, Mario, etc, get a GC. If you don`t, don`t get a GC.

"usually they aren't, but i don't want a ps2...i already have a stand alone dvd player And x-box, o wait, yea i have a computer with a better video card"
BTW, those are two incredibly dumb arguements.

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I didn't realy like zelda anymore after "a link to the past", and didn't care too much about the mario games after the first SNES one (mario world 2 was expecialy gay). The first starfox was OK, but all of the ones that followed just had this 1960's/70's superhero cartoon feeling in them. The only N series I realy like still is metroid and f-zero, but I don't think I would buy a GC just for that.

Generaly all of the good third party games always have good multiplayer capable PC versions anyways (albeit later for some).

Status
Not open for further replies.