Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Woohoo, 60% of the way there! Some very generous people out there helping to hit the goal! Less than 2.5K to go.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Something I just noticed is the quite high requirement of OpenGL support: OpenGL 4.2. Only the newest or high end GPUs have that. There is not a Intel IGP that supports that version, and that's what's shipped with most laptops and mid-range desktops today. My work computer only supports up to OpenGL 4.0, and my laptop falls short at OpenGL 3.1. (Technically you can run it with OpenGL CPU emulation, but that will give you 5 FPS at best).

Still, better not to get stuck with archaic APIs. (Like DirectX 8...)

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    This shouldn't be a problem for any Amd APU/GPU manufactured after 2011.
    Tool Located here.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.
      Spoiler:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    There is not a Intel IGP that supports that version, and that's what's shipped with most laptops and mid-range desktops today.
    False, Haswell GPUs support it on Windows: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nth_generation

Plugin Developer (GlideN64) Gonetz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi all!

Thanks for you interest (and support) for my new project. The situation is unique. I'm temporarily unemployed. I can find new job easily, but if emulation community will support me, I can spend few month of full time work to make serious progress in my currently experimental project, and push it to releasable state. As you see, >50% already collected, for less than two weeks. It's great result. For ten years of my work on Glide64 project I got less 100$ donated. From the other side, number of contributors is circa 80. I expected thousand people donated 5-10, but currently it's hundred of generous men. BTW, if you have a good idea for 5-10$ perk, tell me, 'cos I have no good idea.

Regarding license: this was never important question for me, but many people are serious about it. GlN64 released with no particular license, but I don't want to rewrite GlideHQ from scratch, and all Glide64 related code is under GPL. If somebody has better idea about license, please share.

Regarding OpenGL version. Probably 4.0 will be enough. I don't remember, what's really needed for image textures. And this is only for depth buffer emulation. Other functionality requires 3.0 only.

I'm on vacation now (a bit ironic for unemployed, but it was long planned). I don't have stable internet connection, and can answer regularly. But I surely will follow this thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Gonetz, will you implement HLE for uCodes from games like Rogue Squadron? If you're going to maybe you should write that on the campaign, it will surely attract more donators. (I know because I've seen people on forums asking for it)
    Last edited by oddMLan; August 17th, 2014 at 11:59.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    or for World Driver Championship
    What the hell are you?

30.11.13 R.I.P Paul Walker

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm not going to support games which have unsupported status. It is very time consuming. I have enough work planned without it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonetz View Post
    I'm not going to support games which have unsupported status.
    Unsupported status from who?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I mean games with «unimplemented ucode» status. Decoding unknown ucodes is not planned, thus no WDC support.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast