What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

OOT Texture Pack PJ64 2.1 Not Working

natesroom

I have read over a dozen posts in regards to this issue with the High Res pack for OOT not working. I think i have done everything that is required with the .dat file in the /gfx/cache folder. Still no luck it doesnt even load. I read one that seemes to say Windows 7 doesnt work right with P64 and the texture pack, but i couldnt find out more. The Poster listed a path under /username/appdata/local...etc but i had no such folder.

If someone could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

death--droid

So wait what texture pack exactly are you attempting to load?? and what exactly is or isnt happening when you attempt to run with this texture pack.

OP
N

natesroom

i am using Djipi's Pack. I created a folder in the 2.1 folder in both GFX and 1.6 plugins called "cache" and i loaded the .dat files there. I also followed all the setting in the configuration screen of texture enhancement, rice format, etc.

I reload the rom and there is no change.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I have Win7 and it loads, try running PJ64 as Admin.
If running as admin has the same effect please consult the
How to load a .DAT Page

Last edited:
OP
N

natesroom

I've followed all that and i have run as admin. The only thing i can think of is i don't see any glide3x.dll file in my folder... i have glide64 and and glidehq. Could that be the issue?

Guillaumemq

What worked for me :

I created the cache folder in C\: ... \project64 2.1\textures\cache. Then put the .dat file in that folder.

Open PJ64 then options/setting/plugins. put plugin video Glide64 for PJ64 2.0.0.1
Go back on options/configure graphics plugin, click on show texture enhancement options the click ok
Close your PJ64, reopen it and options/configure graphics plugin/texture enhancement... on the upper left
put format : Rice then ok.

Last check up is textures directories ...you can verify this way :
options/setting/directories last one Texture directory : be sure it's C:/....Project 64/2.1/textures.

Last thing you have to patch your emulator to be sure it's will load all the textures, check in nes_player4life signature. 4GB patch

After all this it's finally worked for me