What's new

Boxart downloader

Haimbilia

hello everyone
i need a good tool that find and download meta data such as nfo files or xml and also boxart, banners and backdrop images from various databases..
im looking for a good one for years now and didn't find anything that do it right.

i don't mind paying if it's good.

thank you

death--droid

If you explained more what your after it would help, like the databases your trying to get data from. And if it sounds not that complicated I would be interested in programming something for it if your willing to pay for it.

OP
H

Haimbilia

well as i said various databases, just like "rom collection browser" for xbmc lets you choose a scraper like thegamesdb.net or mobygames.com
by priority..

the best example i can give is "media center master" i wish there was a tool that handles games as good as it handles movies..

now i use rom collection browser but it's a **** of a script, it always crashes and it doesn't keep the images in the rom folder but in a cluster folder.. and it's just not easy to use.

F

Fanatic 64

I guess he means N64 box covers, for use in the ROM list of an emulator.

death--droid

Ahhhh I see what your after, not the hardest thing to do especially when sites like TheGamesDB provide an API to scraping their site with. Becomes as simple as scanning through your folders, scanning each found game against the DB, download all relevant information if found to that folder, than move onto the next game, rinse and repeat.
Assuming you just want something to dump all that information, I could imagine it being to hard to program at all. Just more time consuming than anything, if your willing to pay im willing to dedicate the time to writing one.

Last edited: