Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: Gameboy Advance

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    @Flerovium - How is nanobayadvance doing these days? I see you're updating it regularly on GitHub. Hopefully everything is going well. I'd love to see some screenshots of your progress. It's always interesting to see before and after pictures whenever you fix bugs or implement a new feature. Anyway, keep up the good work!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    @Shonumi It's going pretty well so far. I'm getting closer to a decent emulation core :b Though there still are a lot of issues which I'll hopefully be able to tackle soon! Especially proper cycle-counting (including ROM prefetch) and (re-)implementing the open bus behaviour or other accuracy-related stuff such as DMA intersection. However at this state some games still do not boot at all or crash immediatly (looking at you guys, Goldensun, Classic NES... hehe )

I just posted a small video on YouTube showing some of the progress I recently made (mostly video, audio and optimization related though). I implemented all the missing OBJ features, worked on R/S (still buggy in some cases, e.g. F-Zero), and implemented most other video features (Mosaic and R/S for bitmap modes are still missing though). Also implemented audio recently (including stereo support, amplitude resolution and clipping emulation). However the PSG channels will still need a decent amount of improvement.

I'm quite pleased with how far I got since starting the rewrite in February. Keeping the old codebase would've been a mess and progress eventually would've completely stopped.
    I hope I'll be able to release some sort of 0.1/alpha version soon!
    Last edited by Flerovium; April 10th, 2017 at 01:08.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Look sweet!
    MCMLXXXIII

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314