What's new

Zelda N64 emulator

Blufkip

Hey all,

I'm really new to this emulator subject and I was wondering if someone could awsner some easy questions for me ;-)
I used to play Zelda OOT and Majora's Mask all the time on my old N64. After so many years I would like to do it some more, this time on my PC.
Now there are some differend versions of OOT out there, Version 1.0,1.1,1.2 and I figured version 1.1 would be the best.:teehee:

Anyway that's not the question I wanted to ask.
The first emulator i tryed was Project64 version 2.1. This emulator works fine with my 360controller but.. when I play Zelda I realized it's stable.. but not as smooth as I want it to be.
This could be the simple reason that the original N64 also bumped a little, because back then it was just normal...
Or... are there any different types of emulators to run Zelda OOT better & smoother then this one?

Any suggestions which emulator works the best for Zelda?

Thanks in advance!:D

Ps. My pc contains enough horsepower to run everything as high as possible. (i7-4770K, GTX 780 lightning, 8gb dominator ram etc...):blush:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Are you sure you're not playing the EU PAL version which runs 17% slower than the US NTSC version?

OP
B

Blufkip

Not sure, how can i see which version i have?
And why is there so much difference? I live in the Netherlands and we are used to have Pal isnt it?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure you're not playing the EU PAL version which runs 17% slower than the US NTSC version?

Alright now i got a version of zelda from US NTSC OOT 1.1 ! it runs indeed around 19-20fps. And the pal version ran around 16fps. :) thanks for the tip!

But still.. what emulator is the best (and if its project64, 1.6 or 2.1?) & are there any sugestions about texture packs?
thanks

F

Fanatic 64

Project64 1.6 runs at a fixed 20 FPS, so it's smoother.

You can find texture packs and instructions in the High Resolution Textures Subforum.

DeatStar

in case you are interested I am currently working on a texture pack for Ocarina of time called Blood Moon and it is the first of its find

OP
B

Blufkip

in case you are interested I am currently working on a texture pack for Ocarina of time called Blood Moon and it is the first of its find

Is it easy to install & remove texture packs?

- - - Updated - - -

Project64 1.6 runs at a fixed 20 FPS, so it's smoother.

You can find texture packs and instructions in the High Resolution Textures Subforum.

So, you are saying 1.6 runs smoother than 2.1?
Is it possible to switch save games so i can continue playing on a different emulator/version?

Also the 1.6 version of Project64 has a crackling sound of Zelda OOT, which 2.1 doesn't.
hmm..

Last edited:

nircovi

i need some help as well.

sync your sound with your game and the crackling will stop
i play with just a keyboard is there anyway to link the motion to the mouse or mousepad? this makes playing zelda games very difficult due to the exact movement instead of fluid movement

Clements

Yes, it is possible to use a mouse for analog control - you might want to try N-Rage or Darkman Input plugin and see which you prefer. Obviously a pad would be easier, but the mouse may work better for you than a keyboard.