What's new

Star Wars Rogue Squadron doesn't work

Robban159

Hello everyone, I have a problem to get Star Wars: RS working on N64 emulator, I'm using Project 64 (version 2.0) and have also tried with 1964 emulator, any other games works just fine, but when I started to run Star Wars It appears flashing graphics and texture failure.

Is there any way to fix this? :)

AIO

I haven't got it to work on 1964 1.1, but it works on Project64 2.1. You just have to use an LLE gfx plugin.

OP
R

Robban159

It still won't work for me, what am I doing wrong?
15a4e3.png

F

Fanatic 64

No HLE video plugin can emulate this game. Only a LLE video plugin (like this) will be able to run it, but it will be extremely slow on anything but a supercomputer. So, your only option to make the game playable is to get a real Nintendo 64 console and either an original cartridge or a flashcart.

dsx

Rogue Squadron runs at stable 60VI/s on my i5 3.4ghz (midrange cpu), settings below:

13c1a0e556.jpg

Plugins: Jabo D3D8 1.7.0.57 in LLE mode, RSP plugin 1.7.0.3 (1.7.0.9 introduces a regression where the game won't work properly on the rsp recompiler)

can get in-game but the sky is broken, continues to play at 60VI/s

AIO

Rogue Squadron runs at stable 60VI/s on my i5 3.4ghz (midrange cpu), settings below:

Plugins: Jabo D3D8 1.7.0.57 in LLE mode, RSP plugin 1.7.0.3 (1.7.0.9 introduces a regression where the game won't work properly on the rsp recompiler)

Wow thanks. I didn't know 1.7.0.3 works in recompiler. Of course you'd get 60 VI/s with your 3.4 ghz i5.

F

Fanatic 64

What qualifies as a superconputer these days?
Something above what's commercially available.

13c1a0e556.jpg

Jabo has too much graphic corruption that makes it unplayable.

AIO

unplayable is subjective :p

but yeah i think its too slow with z64gl unfortunately
I can't imagine you not being able to get stable 60 VI/s with z64gl. Sure it's slower than Jabo 1.7.0.57, but it has that multithreading option. 3.4 ghz is pretty good!