What's new

Majora's Mask - Save Issues and Black Screen

kittenelf

I have two major problems going on, and I must admit, I'm a bit of a newb when it comes to this stuff, so I'm hoping this is something I can fix with some help. They kinda go together, so forgive me for having them in the same paragraph/post. Thank you for reading this and helping! ^-^
I finally have my own computer, so I downloaded Project64 four days ago and began playing Majora's Mask. It was running fine and I was about 5 hours into the game when my computer auto-restarted, and when I re-opened the emulator, I had to restart, as all of my save states were apparently lost. I had been using save states constantly, so I don't know what happened or why they didn't save, and the saves I had made in-game were gone (when it started up, there were no save files on the main menu). I decided to start over, and it was working fine until I left my computer alone for a few minutes. When I woke it up, the game was completely black, but I could hear all of the game noises (I don't think it's because of my laptop going into sleep mode, because I left it the night before and it was working in the morning). I tried loading my save state, and I could hear the music change, but the screen remained black. I closed it and re-opened it, and again, all of my save states were gone but I could see the game again. I started again (not very happy at this point), but about an hour ago, a notification popped up that said, "initialize the dll before you try to config it!" even though I didn't click on anything. The screen returned to black, and I can hear the game again.
As I said, my computer is new, so I doubt it's a lack of software (although, I really don't know very much about computer software). I'm pretty unskilled when it comes to computer information, so I'll include a screenshot of the 'PC Information page', and if there's any more information you may need about my computer, let me know!
Thank you so much for reading this and helping; I really want to play Majora's Mask. :c

Attachments

• Screenshot (77).jpg
    Screenshot (77).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 553