What's new

Conversation with an ignorant stepfather about VG music

Status
Not open for further replies.

!REVENGE!

Background:

My stepfather that I've always had a strained relationship with recently sent me a youtube link to Elder Scrolls music which I found ironic because a decade ago he rejected VG music as actual music, saying it was just beeps ripped off from classical music and sped up twice. Normally I don't talk to him at all but him sending ME VG music and lecturing me the beauty of it was just too funny to ignore. Here's the correspondence:

People copied and pasted the lyrics into the comments, nothing more. I'd like to know the original source of this. This is the first time you've heard any pieces from this particular game. All the other ones I've showed you, you cried "RIPOFF!" with zero evidence whatsoever. You seemed exceptionally frustrated as **** which I've learned from observing you all these years is when you're full of ****, know well you're full of **** but really desperately wanting to not be.
Unlike Brood War Aria, all other pieces I've shown you I know for an irrefutable fact are originals. Given they were all composed in Japan, I'd think if they were inspired or outright ripped off from some kind of traditional music, it would be from a traditional Japanese tune and not classical music from the other side of the world. So if they were partial or complete ripoffs, I guarantee you wouldn't have the first goddamn clue about the source.

But if you're still feeling as delusional as before, I offer you a challenge. I'll link a few pieces, one of which I specifically remember you saying it was ripped-off sped-up classical music. You make your exact claim if its an outright ripoff, a derivative tune inspired by the source or an outright ripoff played at 2x speed like you claimed a decade ago. Then you present the evidence backing it up. I'll paypal you $1000 if you do.

Are you game, ignorant mother****er?

His response:

"Given the fact they were all composed in Japan..." What other fact/s one need to realize it was plagiarism. Japan is the land of plagiarists. It is a well-known fact to everyone except to you, who was born in the last decade and has seen or experienced, or learned in the books a little. Secondly, if it was an original piece, it would have been introduced at a concert in one of the world's large opera houses, like for example, Milan's Scala, New York's Madison Square Garden, Sydney's Shell shaped Opera house, Russian Bolshoi Theatre, etc. As you can see, none of these houses hosted the performance of any of these pieces that accompany Star Wars games. It is considered for commercial use and as such have no artistic value. That an original piece was tweaked, I do not doubt it a single moment and have no desire to investigate it any further. By the way, why did you put a comma after "game" in your deepest intellectual thought expressed with one single interrogative sentence "Are you game, ignorant mother****er?" Are you so illiterate at the age of 24?

My reply:

Starcraft is an American, not Japanese game. I'm uncertain if Brood War Aria is original, that's why I asked such a venerable master on the topic such as yourself. Doesn't look like you know any better. What was I expecting from a moron.

"Secondly, if it was an original piece, it would have been introduced at a concert in one of the world's large opera houses"

lol... make an opera choir out of this, dip****: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlZUbU_GVok
which was played by independent bands like the Black Mages in several live concerts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hWbp-_mkTs#t=0m20s
I await with a boiling ballsack proof of what original piece this music was stolen from.

How about this one, the one you claimed was "stolen from a classical music piece, just sped up" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzBsFGh6zoc
March 6, 2005 you said that. I know the date because I'm looking at the timestamp of when I recorded this so I could listen to it as an MP3 and not have to navigate throughout the damn game for 20 minutes just to listen to it.

Anxiously waiting for evidence that these aren't originals, not that you'll provide any you retarded, delusional simpleton. I can predict your response: "I'm right because I'm right because I know I'm right. If I'm wrong, it's because there's a world conspiracy to embarrass and contradict me."

"By the way, why did you put a comma after "game" in your deepest intellectual thought expressed with one single interrogative sentence "Are you game, ignorant mother****er?" Are you so illiterate at the age of 24?"

Because I was purposely excluding "you" from that sentence. Without the comma it wouldn't be apparent but apparently (no pun intended) it wasn't apparent for certain illiterate imbeciles like yourself. So, are you game you ignorant mother****er? :)

*waits for your comprehension-deficiency to kick in and still not realize what the **** the sentence even means*

His reply or should I say cowardly cop-out:

"Where ignorance is bliss, it is fooly to be wise." (Dr. Johnson, an English poet, 18th c.)

And my last email:

Wise words for a delusional dip**** that just ignored all evidence in front of him and backed out of a monetary challenge to refute it.
Transparent ignorant whackjob and coward, thanks for proving you were FULL OF ****.
Bye.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

He sent another e-mail with a new subject line and sent information about an unrelated track from an unrelated game and basically asserted that LACK of evidence for his claims somehow proves his case.:lol:

How important that piece of music is the following conversation, which I found while looking for more details, such as the title of the piece, the theme, etc., illustrates the best my doubts in its authenticity. According to the following somebody else inquired about it and asked on the forum:

Dwarf Paladin: "Anyone know the name of the track that plays when you are in the Star's Bazaar in Shrine of the Seven Stars?"

Night Elf Hunter: "I know that topic is old, but anybody knows the title? Still looking, can't find it..."

Worgen Mage: "Make a GM ticket if its absolutely needed"

Careo 90: "Well, if anyone is interested, I had a little chat with GM: Sadly we don't have any list of songs used in game. "So, even though I'd love to help I have no idea what is the title of it.

What do you say to this? What better evidence do you need than this that people cannot find the basic information about a music piece: the title, the theme, the composer, the year it was composed. I wonder why. Would you know why by any chance?

How about you not ignore the original correspondence like a ****ing ***** and stop inquiring about unfamiliar songs I've never heard about and never made a single claim about you dumb piece of ****.

I have no idea what the hell anything in your email means. What the hell is Star's Bazaar, Shrine of the Seven Stars or GM? I can't tell if those are track titles, game names or company names. The only gist of it I get is that someone is looking to listen to a piece of music in some game as an MP3 and thus wants to know the title so he can search on the internet and download. That's what I asked about the Brood War intro and got answers that it was called "Brood War Aria". Searching for this got me numerous results for downloadable MP3s.
All songs, even rip-offs have their own "titles" you unbelievably dumb ******. Some game companies couldn't foresee that their music would be enjoyed so much on its own so they never made any titles for them besides "Level 1 theme, Level 2 theme, Final Stage" etc.
Seriously, stop wasting my time.

He re-asserts his same idiotic perversion of logic and presents the lack of evidence for his claims as proof for his claims. Note that none of this was about Brood War Aria and I have no idea why he keeps referring to it in the first place.

All I did was punch in "Star Warcratf Music" in google search and click "enter". What I got was the text I forwarded to you in which somebody else was looking for the same, the name, the author, the theme, etc. of the music that appears in the Star Warcraft. The rest you could read from the e-mail. He/She could not find any, and was even confirmed by the third party, who, apparently, had experienced the same. What I wanted to show was that I was not the only one who could not find any data about the music. Subsequently, this information leads me to a conclusion that the music was scrambled in a lab, that the author tweaked the existing piece to the extent that it passed the plagiarism control. What do you think?

1. There's no such thing as "Star Warcratf music"
2. You already have the title of what you were looking for so why the **** are you looking for Bazaar's Shrine or whatever the hell this separate, unrelated track to Brood War Aria is. Repeat: the title is BROOD WAR ARIA you stupid ****.
3. You being one of three people out of the 25 million that couldn't find the name of an irrelevant track from an irrelevant game has nothing to do with the topic.
4. Presenting lack of evidence as your evidence is a pathetic failure that proves MY point, not yours. You can't find any evidence that some music I never heard is plagiarized, that proves that the track is original until proven otherwise. You're not well versed in logic you retard.

5. Nobody made the claim that Brood War Aria is original so why you continue to try and prove that it isn't is beyond me.

I think you're pathetically slow and uneducated.

He highlights his pathetically low attention span for someone who's supposed to be an English professor and again mentions Brood War Aria:

Phew, are you a messed up dude! Now you are telling nobody made claim that the Brood War Aria was original. The whole argument was about that. And you even offered money if I could prove it was not original. Call it Brood War Aria or as simply call it Star WArcraft music, the google understood my request and led me to a valuable piece of evidence, the evidence which showed somebody else was looking for the same. Anyway, I am glad you were able to understand that these types of music (arias), like the one I sent you the link to, The Dragonborn, are not original, but tweaked to the extent that they qualify for non-plagiarism certificate. Even the language that is used in Dragonborn aria, a man-made language, is based on the Eastern family of languages. How do I know? Just listen carefully and you will notice that the syllables receive an equal amount of stress. English language is said to be time-stressed language, Slavonic languages are syllable stressed languages.

I never in the entire exchange claimed Brood War Aria was original. You've never heard any music from Starcraft in your life, this is the first time. Show exactly where I ever claimed this specific piece was original. This might give you a chance to re-read the emails I sent and actually comprehend this time, being the intellectually-crippled ****** you are that lacks critical communication skills. We're not even talking so you can't claim my voice wasn't clear enough.

Now he puts words into my mouth and says I admitted Brood War Aria is not original. I never said it is or isn't because I could care less.

To my e-mail in which I sent you a link for Dragonborn, you made additional comments about Star War music how I said was not authentic and was plagiarism, remember/ Then I replied, after I had listened to the piece, and quoted somebody's comments: Ave Ceaser, nos morituri te salutant", remember? Why this person said this famous quote the Roman legionnaires used to say? Because the piece reminded him of the piece composed originally on this theme, the theme of the constant war between the Rome and the Cartage, by, I am not sure, Franz List. Then the argument ensued, remember? Anyway, the good thing is you have learned that this Star Warcraft music, or what you call Brood War aria, is not original. Thanks for watching us. Stay tuned!

So quote me mother****er, where did I refer to Brood War Aria as being irrefutably original?

And you're still putting words into my mouth like a braindead retard. When I said I never claimed Brood War Aria is original, that doesn't mean I don't think it is. I have no idea if its original because I've only listened to it recently as a stand-alone song and not as vague background noise like it is during one of the cinematics in the game.
And it DOESN'T ****ING MATTER to me if it's original or not. I DON'T GIVE A ****.

What mattered was that a decade ago you impulsively berated some of the VG music I showed you and made the most laughable, idiotic claim I've ever heard in my entire life at the time that it was plagiarized from some classical music track and sped up. For someone to say something so unbelievably embarrassing and ignorant with the sincere conviction you had was so retarded that I had no idea what the **** to say or think. But that isn't the first one of your bizarre antics I ran into.

The bottom line is, you claimed what you did with no evidence whatsoever to back it up. So I gave you a chance a few days ago to finally back it up. Let's up the stakes, $300 if you're successful and you pay me the same amount if you fail. How many centuries shall it require you before you give up your delusion or will a deadline of one week be enough?

Again he's obsessed with Brood War Aria...

First of all, I do not remember when I heard that music for the first time and that I made any comments. If I said what you claim, then I still hold it was not an original piece. Bottom line, we both agree that it is not an original piece. End of story.

My reply. Some say you know someone lost when they get ****** off and start writing in all caps but this dude's stupidity got so unbearable that I couldn't help it.

Well I do *******. You've never heard Brood War Aria until now and the dispute was never about that one.
No you ****ing IDIOT we do NOT agree that it's an not an original piece. I NEVER DISPUTED ANYTHING ABOUT BROOD WAR ARIA. I MADE NO CLAIM ABOUT IT, PERIOD. WHAT PART OF THIS DO YOU NOT GET, ****HEAD?

Now he shifts the burden of proof:

If you think it is an original piece, provide some evidence. Who is the composer, what is the theme, when was it composed, etc.? The burden of proof is on you. Ask (name removed). Maybe she knows, or she knows somebody who knows. These are some of the paths. Do some research.

I'm not the one who made the claim and I'm not the one who gives a flying **** either. The music is great and I like it for what it is.
The burden of proof is on the one who made the claim: you.
You declined a $300 bet to prove it.

I'll give you the composer, year and all the metadata if you'll be so normal to point me to the actual song you're disputing so I know what the **** to provide information about. Otherwise, I can't help you.

He twists the shifting of the burden of proof again. "But you claimed that I claimed therefore you claimed and I didn't". Childish...

But you made a claim and said how I said it was such and such and it was not original. This is how it all started. After the exhausting exchange, you admitted, I assume, since you will deny it again, that the music was not original. Your mind is pretty much messed up. You need to slow down with your "room activities" and take some exercise in the open air, to vent out, to refresh. Be careful about your mental health. No need to yell and call me names. Just try to put some thought in it is a more pragmatic, useful way of approac, Thank you.

Take care of yourself

My despairful reply to his gibberish:

"But you made a claim and said how I said it was such and such and it was not original."

Define "it".

"After the exhausting exchange, you admitted, I assume, since you will deny it again, that the music was not original."

Quote where I admitted "the music" (whatever music you're referring to) was not original. WHERE IS YOUR EVIDENCE, SIR?

You're making bull**** up and putting words into my mouth. Are you a compulsive liar or the autistic retard everybody else that I've shown this exchange professes you to be? You misread almost everything I ****ing say as demonstrated by your distorted comprehension in your replies. Then like usual you project your mental retardation on your addressee and finished off with an ad hominem, so it's only proper that I do the same: your pitiful ineptness make you worth less than a stain of **** on someone's carpet. You aren't fit to integrate anywhere but a mental hospital.

Kill yourself.

Toasty

Sony battery
"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

He has his opinion, and he obviously doesn't want to change it. Addressing him with anger and curses will not help to change this. (You'll never ingratiate yourself to anyone this way.) You both seem more intent on insulting each other or questioning the other's mental state than in dispassionately presenting empirical evidence to support your position, if that's even possible in a case like this. (Seems like it's as much an argument over subjective opinion as over fact.) The end result is that you both waste precious time and energy putting each other on the defensive and making each other angry. Most people are not very receptive to having their opinion changed when they're in that position.

If you can show him something concrete that you genuinely believe might convince him of your point, do so, and do so calmly. (Wouldn't hurt to apologize for being uncivil too, even if he was being unreasonable. Someone has to take the first step in defusing the hostility.) Otherwise, stop spinning your wheels and drop it. In the grand scheme of things, what difference does it really make if he acknowledges VG music's greatness or not?

And always, always remember:
  Spoiler:

Anyway, that's my two cents. Feel free to do as you will.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

It's not about proving any abstract "greatness" of anything but challenging a malignant narcissist to provide evidence of claims he made.
As for my visible contempt for him, if you knew where I was coming from you'd understand why but I have no intention of making public my personal life. Just thought I'd share on the forum what I thought was relevant gossip.

My intention is not to change his opinion but publicly humiliate an ignorant bigot.

Toasty

Sony battery
Kinda had to skim that. So is your stepfather claiming someone has AS and using that to get attention from people while he inhibits that person? Forgive my inquisitiveness, but it's difficult to grasp why a person "should" be humiliated by someone, or even to grasp that a person is being humiliated without some sort of context. Not that I believe it's really right to set out on a mission to humiliate anyone anyway, whatever the circumstances. If a person is doing something wrong, they should be stopped, but having a need to publicly degrade them is kind of a problem in itself.

If you don't want to 'make public your personal life' by sharing any details that's fine, but without details all we can really see at this point is a couple family members feuding about video game music.

OP
R

!REVENGE!

He exhibits the same kind of malignant narcissistic behavior that sick woman in the link does. Exposure is the best cure for these social parasites.
He is not a family member, I've never in my life recognized him as such. I didn't contact him, he sent an unsolicited message.
I don't expose my personal life on the net regardless of the benefits of exposing these parasites because I refuse to give him that validation that he had any effect on me. But I did expose this one exchange on a couple gaming boards because of the topic and the relatively little amount of personal details in it.

Toasty

Sony battery
He exhibits the same kind of malignant narcissistic behavior that sick woman in the link does. Exposure is the best cure for these social parasites.
But what are you exposing? That he has poor taste in music? That he's opinionated and doesn't know how to Google? That you have a short temper with him? This is all we've really seen from your side of the story, and none of these things are all that extraordinary. You keep saying he's the same as the woman in the story you linked and that he's a parasite, but you won't expound on that at all. If you don't want to, that's fine. But you're not really exposing anything if you don't. The world is full of other opinionated people with bad taste in music. Why should we give this one special attention?

Since the only one with any insight on the thread's 'true' subject is you, and you are exercising your right not to reveal details on it that could be discussed, the discussion is closed. If you decide you want to reveal something that can be discussed further, PM me and I can reopen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.