What's new

Crash when loading hires textures with the newest (a couple of days ago) version.

mendus

Hi,

I was trying the latest daily builds version that I got from (https://bitbucket.org/ecsv/mupen64plus-mxe-daily). Whenever I try to load hires textures it crashes as soon as the canvas is set up. It happens with both plugins glide64mk2 and rice.

I tried on Windows 8. The only error message in the ui-console is:

Video Error: Error while changing current directory back to original path to 'F'.

This only displays when using glide64mk2. I have the emulator in F: directory, config and other stuff too, but hires textures in the local directory, as I did not find a way use them from elsewhere. I tried moving to 'C:' to see if that was the problem but the same appears with the message changed to 'C'.

This error also happened in previous versions but was not provoking a crash. The error only displays when hires textures are used/attempted to used.

Does anyone else have this crashes? I like that SSB 64 had the circle around an offscreen character fixed in this version of the plugin.

Is it okay to use this plugin with an older version of the core if I copy the part regarding the plugin info to the config file?

Narann

Graphic programming enthusiast
I looked in glide64mk2 code (search "while changing" in the whole code). There is multiple place where this error appear but I guess it's here
Code:
#ifdef BOOST_WINDOWS_API
  wchar_t curpath[MAX_PATH];
  GETCWD(MAX_PATH, curpath);
  CHDIR(cachepath.wstring().c_str());
#else
  char curpath[MAX_PATH];
  wcstombs(cbuf, cachepath.wstring().c_str(), MAX_PATH);
  if (GETCWD(MAX_PATH, curpath) == NULL)
      ERRLOG("Error while retrieving working directory!");
  if (CHDIR(cbuf) != 0)
      ERRLOG("Error while changing current directory to '%s'!", cbuf);
#endif
This shouldn't "crash".

Multiple questions:
1) Could you copy paste the whole mupen64plus log. Some version info could be helpful.
2) If you could provide a url to the texture pack + the name of the rom, I could test on Linux (maybe it also crash).

I like that SSB 64 had the circle around an offscreen character fixed in this version of the plugin.
I'm just curious here: Which bug are you talking about? Which plugin solve the problem? glide64mk2 or rice?

Is it okay to use this plugin with an older version of the core if I copy the part regarding the plugin info to the config file?
This need to be tested but I'm not sure it will work. :(

If it doesn't scary you too much, you could download Visual C++ Express, git clone the different mupen64plus repositories, open the core project in Visual (it automatically open every other projects) do Compile (just tick F9 if I remember correctly) and it will compile every files. This way you could check if the bug still appear and if you can reproduce the bug (lucky!) you could help me to find the commit responsible of the crash.

I know it's not super easy but first give me the rom name + the texture pack to see if I can reproduce the bug on Linux.

Hope this (kind of) help! :)

Good luck!

OP
M

mendus

This shouldn't "crash".

Yeah, I didn't think it was crashing it, but it was the only error reported.

1) Could you copy paste the whole mupen64plus log. Some version info could be helpful.

Ill post it as soon as I can.

2) If you could provide a url to the texture pack + the name of the rom, I could test on Linux (maybe it also crash).
It is Piestchies and Bad Randolphs pack for Super Smash Bros.

I'm just curious here: Which bug are you talking about? Which plugin solve the problem? glide64mk2 or rice?

Whenever a character is offscreen when in battle, a circle is drawn around it to know where he is more or less. This is not displayed right in glide64mk2 (neither in the original Glide64Final, tested on PJ64), at least in my computer. The newest version however, solves this issue.

I'll post an image when I can, if you can't reproduce it.

I tried it myself and the new pluging was not recognized by the old core. I guess something in the recognition was changed.

If it doesn't scary you too much, you could download Visual C++ Express, git clone the different mupen64plus repositories, open the core project in Visual (it automatically open every other projects) do Compile (just tick F9 if I remember correctly) and it will compile every files. This way you could check if the bug still appear and if you can reproduce the bug (lucky!) you could help me to find the commit responsible of the crash.

It does scare me a little :unsure:. I have codeblocks installed with the default settings. Would I need anything else? I think it only brings one compiler. It will have to wait some time though, these days I'm kinda busy.

Hope this (kind of) help! :)

Good luck!

Thanks anyway.