What's new

Project64 and Steam In-Home Streaming - Problems with Glide64

TimoV

Hi everyone!

I am playing Legend of Zelda OOT with Djipi's high res texture pack which gives it a cell shaded effect on my Desktop PC. I now also want to play it in my living room using Steam's in-home streaming, but I encountered a strange glitch...

Whenever I open up Project64 through Steam's in home streaming, sound gets streamed, but not image (just a black screen). This happens both in full screen as in windowed mode.

If I open Project64 through another streamed program (so f.e. I stream wordpad through steam, then I minimize wordpad, open Project64 and play in windowed mode) then I get both sound and image.

I am using Project 64 2.1.0.1 with the Glide64 final plugin.

Could this be because glide64 is emulating in OpenGL? When I use Project64 with the Jabo Direct3D plugin (v. 1.7), streaming does work (but then I lose the hi-res textures :( ).

Anyone else encountered this glitch? Somebody who uses a different plugin that can load up Djipi's hi-res textures? Somebody changes settings in Steam or in Project64 to better accomodate streaming?

Attachments

• Screenshot (100).png
    Screenshot (100).png
    25.2 KB · Views: 310
  • Screenshot (101).png
    Screenshot (101).png
    23.6 KB · Views: 221
  • Screenshot (102).png
    Screenshot (102).png
    24 KB · Views: 230
  • screenshot103.jpg
    screenshot103.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 388
  • screenshot104.jpg
    screenshot104.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

Yeah, it's probably because of OpenGL. Why don't you just connect your PC directly to your TV?

By the way I recommend you change the following settings:
Enable Anisotropic Filtering.
Enable Framebuffer Emulation
Set Aspect Ration to 4:3 (16:9 only stretches the image in Majora's Mask)
Disable Alternative CRC Calculation.

OP
T

TimoV

Yeah, it's probably because of OpenGL. Why don't you just connect your PC directly to your TV?

By the way I recommend you change the following settings:
Enable Anisotropic Filtering.
Enable Framebuffer Emulation
Set Aspect Ration to 4:3 (16:9 only stretches the image in Majora's Mask)
Disable Alternative CRC Calculation.

Thanks for the suggestions for my settings ;).

The problem is that this is a big Desktop PC that's in my bedroom and the Tv is in the living room (2 levels down), so yeah... directly connecting is ... not really an option.

I want to stream it to my Intel NUC which runs XBMC on Lubuntu in my living room, maybe running the emulation directly on the NUC is a solution... although I'm not too sure if the NUC will be able to handle that.

I have tried to use the Rice video plugin with an extracted .DAT file from the texture pack, but doesn't seem to work that well (some textures do not get loaded).

There isn't probably a video plugin which is compatible with Glide64 texture files AND renders in DirectX, right?