What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Could the original "Ocarina of Time retexturing development kit" be re-uploaded?

dojo

Could the original "Ocarina of Time retexturing development kit" be re-uploaded?

I am talking about the "Materials to work with" and "Texture references" in this page:
n64redux.com/content/ocarina-time-retexturing-sdk-also-other-games

I know that even though I am asking for a re-upload it sounds like "asking for things". I just have an interest in learning "retexturing a'la N64" and not "modern game retexturing" like Skyrim mods. :D
Thanks to whoever takes the trouble.

F

Fanatic 64

You already asked for this in the Ocarina of Time Retexture thread. There's no need to make a whole thread to ask for it again.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
A valid request none the less.

If a member has the kit and would like to upload it please consider linking the archive within this thread.

F

Fanatic 64

It is worth noting that the kit was removed under the argument that it infringed Nintendo's copyright. It should be uploaded somewhere other than MediaFire.

death--droid

XD its such a old file it could of been removed for any number of reasons, dont assume Nintendo have DMCA'd it.
Best bet to get your hands on it again would be to get in contact with Mode7, even then its a bit of a long stretch

F

Fanatic 64

Well, the MediaFire page explicitly states it was removed due to a notice of copyright infringement. So it could've been either A) Nintendo or B) some disgruntled texture artist.

And on a related note, why does that site also recommend a program that costs one thousand euros?

death--droid

It only says it violated the Terms of Service... which looking at the terms of service could be any number of reasons.

Fanatic 64... the article is over 2 years old at the least, the links there are now defunct since ImageSynth is now a discontinued product and from the looks of it the company has been bought out. (It was more in the price range of $50 - $100, not the one thousand euros the Modo program costs, which I may also note sounds like it is for a plethora of extra things)

F

Fanatic 64

Well, since that link still worked I figured it always linked to that. Talk about Bait-and-Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since that link still worked I figured it always linked to that. Talk about Bait-and-Switch.

If the article is so outdated maybe we should just remove it from the OoT Retexture thread. It is unlikely to help anyone now, as has been demonstrated above.