What's new

Help! Glide64mk2 & m64py: Were is the texture pack dir?

ucenna

So I'm struggling to use m64py with custom textures, on windows (all the related threads seemed to be unix). As far as I can tell I'm supposed to put the texture dat files in: /users/(me)/AppData/Roaming/Mupen64Plus/glidehq
But try though I might I can't get the textures to load. I've moved em all over the place. Changed settings. etc... what do I need to do? any help would be appreciated.

F

Fanatic 64

What texture pack are you using? It should be a folder of PNGs, not DAT files, unless you are using the Cell-Shading Zelda pack...

OP
U

ucenna

Yeah, you nailed it. Cel-shaded zelda. Majora's mask. As a matter of curiousity would I do it different for the PNG one?

OP
U

ucenna

Good to know. Then is the "cache dir" that glide 64 seems to refer to, the roaming/mupen64plus dir?

OP
U

ucenna

And success. Turns out my config settings were wrong. I needed to turn on rice video for texture enhancements. So as to help anybody else who has this problem:

(On windows 7)
Your .dat textures go directly(no special folder or anything, just that dats) in /users/(YOUR_NAME_HERE)/AppData/Roaming/mupen64plus/glidehq/
It's worth noting that you shouldn't change the file names of the dats, glidehq doesn't work like rice video textures. The file names with associate with the game itself, not the name you've renamed it to.

Next up open up your mupen64plus.cfg file

Scroll down to glide64mk2

look for:
# Hi-res texture pack format (0 for none, 1 for Rice)
ghq_hirs = 0

and change the 0 to a 1.

Then just open your game. It should theoretically work.

(let it be noted that Djipi's textures do need a few special settings to display as they were intended)