What's new

ePSXe: Opcode [31-c607a0e3] in PC [bfc0002c] UNKNOWN [000000000:001:2135]

CallMeAdam2

Lord of the 4 Dimensions
I get an error message whenever I try to run ePSXe exactly like what the title says. I've seen tons of tutorial videos & read tons of pages of instructions on how to install ePSXe, and generally try to find out what's wrong. I'm trying to play Spyro: Year of the Dragon.

This is what I downloaded and used (exception of erase.me/delete.me files)...

bios -> 3DO - FZ-10.bin
plugins -> cdrPeops.dll & gpu.dat & gpuPeteD3D.dll & gpuPeteDX6D3D.dll & gpuPeteOpenGL.dll & padSeguDIJoy.dll
memcards -> memmanager (epsx000.mcr & epsxe001.mcr were generated, I think)
roms -> Spyro - Year of the Dragon (v1.1) -> readme & Spyro - Year of the Dragon (v1.1).bin & Spyro - Year of the Dragon (v1.1).cue

Am I missing something? Am I using the wrong things? Am I not giving enough information? I use a Windows Vista.

OP
C

CallMeAdam2

Lord of the 4 Dimensions
ePSXe like any PlayStation emulator will NOT work with 3DO console BIOS. Get PSX/One bios.

Thanks alot! I'm new to emulators, so I didn't know that some bios didn't work with some emulators. Now that I think about it, I'm a little curious about how emulators work. Anyway, thanks again! Have a great day!

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
I'm new to emulators, so I didn't know that some bios didn't work with some emulators.
Well, there are multi-system emulators that can run software from more than one console or game arcade/system, like higan, MESS, MAME or FB Alpha... however Playstation (PSX/ PS2/ PSP or even PS3) emulators are designed only to run code only from target system, e.g. ePSXe can only process first PlayStation instructions, so you can only use with it PS: ROM/BIOS, commercial PS games, and PS homebrew. The same goes for PS2 emu like PCSX2, and PSP ones PPSSPP or JPCPS (though they don't use external BIOS file).

I'm new to emulators, so I didn't know that some bios didn't work with some emulators. Now that I think about it, I'm a little curious about how emulators work. Anyway, thanks again! Have a great day!
You came to the right place - you'll find here, at ET not only bunch of emu fans but also, and what's more important few programmers / emu-developers. With few exceptions [like me for e.g. ;] most of pll here are friendly and helpful, so I'm sure that if you ask polite they will answer your questions.

Anyway, thanks again! Have a great day!
No problem, glad I could help.

dwn51

Yo've got wrong BIOS dude. hey winter mute, can you help me too? when I play Casper on epsxe I got similiar Error Code, but with little different thing