WinUAE is a desinged for Windows program, which emulates the hardware of the Commodore Amiga range of computers. It emulates most of its functions: Original Chip Set (OCS), Enhanced Chip Set (ECS) and Advanced Graphics Architecture (AGA), Motorola 68000/010/020/040 CPU, optionally a 68881 FPU, 2 MB Chip RAM and 8 MB Fast RAM, or 8 MB Chip RAM without Fast RAM. 64 MB Zorro III Fast RAM, independent of Chip RAM setting (68020+ only). 1 MB Slow RAM, for compatibility, Picasso 96 graphics with 8 MB of memory, Serial port, and Simple parallel port is only sufficient for printing. Networking via bsdsocket.library. WinUAE has reasonable compatibility for most software but, just like a "real" Amiga, for some old games it requires careful configuration in order to match the originally-supported hardware.
Here's changelog for latest version:
- Full A4000T and A4091 NCR53C710 SCSI emulation.
- A590/A2091 and A4091 boot ROM GUI selection.
- Separate graphics filter settings for native and RTG modes.
- 256k ROM image inserted in floppy drive emulates A1000 KICK disk.
- Super Card Pro image file support (.scp).
- SLIRP network inbound port support (default: 21, 22, 23 and 80, others
can be added by editing configuration file)
- Input panel previously toggle-only events can be optionally set to on
and off state, audio/video recording input event added.
- Joystick/joypad can be used to control light pen cursor.
- Remaining 68000 cycle-exact mode timing fixes.
- 68000 reading from write-only or non-existing custom register
- Big chipset edge case compatibility update, for example demos with
vertical "copper" bars work perfectly, real hardware glitches in
horizontal scaling are now accurately emulated and much more.
- 68040/68060 without emulating unimplemented FPU instructions is now
fully compatible with Motorola FPU emulation library, FSAVE special
FPU exception stack frames implemented.
- Programmed modes (Super72 etc) now automatically select best fit horizontal
resolution and is more compatible with different filter modes, also display
positioning is improved.
- Recently dumped Arcadia arcade system ROM images supported.
- Debugger full FPU and 68020+ bitfield, and other previously missing
68020+ only instructions supported in disassembler.
- Magic mouse + mousehack mode now always stops keyboard input when mouse
is outside of emulation window, even if window still has focus.
- Keyboard led indicator state syncronization problems fixed.
- Fixed very rare JIT FPU bug introduced in 1.2.
- Vertical centering works again, improved horizontal centering.
- Full tablet emulation boot guru fixed.
- Graphics glitches in some borderblank and border sprite modes.
- Master floppy write protection setting was not loaded from config file.
- Some narrow AGA modes clipped some pixels from right edge of display.
- A590/A2091 didn't work in all supported CPU modes.
- CPU polled disk reading was unreliable in some situations.
Check out Projects website for further information.