What's new

Convert from PJ64 to Mupen64

bluebaloo

Please pardon my ignorance but I'm new to emulators.

I have a save file for Project64 and I'm looking to load it into android emulator that seems to be mupen64 plus. No idea how to convert the file. I have a Hex Editor but completely lost as to which file needs to be converted and how. Please any help is sincerely appreciated.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
I may be wrong but if the file is a hard save you should be able to just copy and paste it to the Mupen64 save folder.

From
\Project64\Save\(gamename.eep)
To
\Mupen64\Save\(gamename.eep)

OP
B

bluebaloo

I may be wrong but if the file is a hard save you should be able to just copy and paste it to the Mupen64 save folder.

From
\Project64\Save\(gamename.eep)
To
\Mupen64\Save\(gamename.eep)

Unfortunately PJ doesn't save in eep. It has a Zip with a .pj file and a .dat file in it

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Err, I'm pretty sure that Project 64 saves to .eep
I can't say about Mupen, but the eprom save has always been supported by PJ64 and 1964; in some cases it may be copied to another emulator.

Save states, on the other hand; are saved as zip files. Whereas hard saves (System saves) are saved as .eep
Try to import this file into Mupen's save directory.

OP
B

bluebaloo

Err, I'm pretty sure that Project 64 saves to .eep
I can't say about Mupen, but the eprom save has always been supported by PJ64 and 1964; in some cases it may be copied to another emulator.

Save states, on the other hand; are saved as zip files. Whereas hard saves (System saves) are saved as .eep
Try to import this file into Mupen's save directory.

Not sure if it attached correctly but I uploaded an image of the save file in the project64 folder and its a zip. However I do remember they did use eep files i just think maybe it was an older version.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    54.1 KB · Views: 7,140
F

Fanatic 64

Don't use save states (those cannot be converted between emulators). Run Project64 as Administrator, load your save state, save in-game (play the Song of Time or save at an Owl Statue), and you should have a ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.fla file. Copy that file to your cellphone (in Mupen64's save folder).

Last edited:
OP
B

bluebaloo

Don't use save states (those cannot be converted between emulators). Run Project64 as Administrator, load your save state, save in-game (play the Song of Time or save at an Owl Statue), and you should have a ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.fla file. Copy that file to your cellphone (in Mupen64's save folder).

I pasted the fla file in every save related folder I found in the mupen folder but it didn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

F

Fanatic 64

I think Mupen64Plus uses other extension(s) for native saves, I don't know which though.

Presence

I think Mupen64Plus uses [GoodName].fla for flash rom saves like Majora's Mask (.eep for eeprom and .sra for sram saves), so make sure you are naming it correctly. If unsure, save a game with Mupen and overwrite the file it creates.

Richard42

Emulator Developer
I don't know about the Android version or its UI for loading savestates, but the Mupen64Plus core can natively load PJ64 savestate (.pj*) files. This feature was added several years ago.

OP
B

bluebaloo

I think Mupen64Plus uses [GoodName].fla for flash rom saves like Majora's Mask (.eep for eeprom and .sra for sram saves), so make sure you are naming it correctly. If unsure, save a game with Mupen and overwrite the file it creates.

I'm using project64 2.1.0.1 and it seems to have saved a .fla file in the save folder. I tried copying it to mupen emulator on the desktop but it didn't work.

- - - Updated - - -

it did not make an .eep file

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,698
F

Fanatic 64

Rename the save file to Legend of Zelda, The - Majora's Mask (U) [!].fla.

And did you replace the RDB of Project64 2.1?

DomoGG

If someone still want to know how to translate from Project64 to Mupen64 AE or Mupen64 FZ just extract the .zip of the save file of the game and copy both files into: mupen64/gamecarpet or 'mupen64plus-fz\GameData\gamecarpet\UserSaves' if you are using Mupen64 FZ, don't copy into "autosaves" or "slotsaves" carpet because won't work of anything. Once you open the n64 game, in the app search for an option: 'Charge from file' or something like that.
I dont know if im using the right words because my english is very bad but i hope can be understood.