Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Convert from PJ64 to Mupen64

Please pardon my ignorance but I'm new to emulators.

I have a save file for Project64 and I'm looking to load it into android emulator that seems to be mupen64 plus. No idea how to convert the file. I have a Hex Editor but completely lost as to which file needs to be converted and how. Please any help is sincerely appreciated.

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I may be wrong but if the file is a hard save you should be able to just copy and paste it to the Mupen64 save folder.

From
    \Project64\Save\(gamename.eep)
    To
    \Mupen64\Save\(gamename.eep)
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NES_player4LIFE View Post
    I may be wrong but if the file is a hard save you should be able to just copy and paste it to the Mupen64 save folder.

From
    \Project64\Save\(gamename.eep)
    To
    \Mupen64\Save\(gamename.eep)
    Unfortunately PJ doesn't save in eep. It has a Zip with a .pj file and a .dat file in it

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Err, I'm pretty sure that Project 64 saves to .eep
    I can't say about Mupen, but the eprom save has always been supported by PJ64 and 1964; in some cases it may be copied to another emulator.

Save states, on the other hand; are saved as zip files. Whereas hard saves (System saves) are saved as .eep
    Try to import this file into Mupen's save directory.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.

Spoiler:

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NES_player4LIFE View Post
    Err, I'm pretty sure that Project 64 saves to .eep
    I can't say about Mupen, but the eprom save has always been supported by PJ64 and 1964; in some cases it may be copied to another emulator.

Save states, on the other hand; are saved as zip files. Whereas hard saves (System saves) are saved as .eep
    Try to import this file into Mupen's save directory.
    Not sure if it attached correctly but I uploaded an image of the save file in the project64 folder and its a zip. However I do remember they did use eep files i just think maybe it was an older version.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Don't use save states (those cannot be converted between emulators). Run Project64 as Administrator, load your save state, save in-game (play the Song of Time or save at an Owl Statue), and you should have a ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.fla file. Copy that file to your cellphone (in Mupen64's save folder).
    Last edited by Fanatic 64; May 7th, 2014 at 20:08. Reason: My computer blue screened when I tried to open PJ64 and this somehow got posted before I finished writing it.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    Don't use save states (those cannot be converted between emulators). Run Project64 as Administrator, load your save state, save in-game (play the Song of Time or save at an Owl Statue), and you should have a ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK.fla file. Copy that file to your cellphone (in Mupen64's save folder).
    I pasted the fla file in every save related folder I found in the mupen folder but it didn't work. Not sure what I'm doing wrong

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I think Mupen64Plus uses other extension(s) for native saves, I don't know which though.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think Mupen64Plus uses [GoodName].fla for flash rom saves like Majora's Mask (.eep for eeprom and .sra for sram saves), so make sure you are naming it correctly. If unsure, save a game with Mupen and overwrite the file it creates.

Emulator Developer
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't know about the Android version or its UI for loading savestates, but the Mupen64Plus core can natively load PJ64 savestate (.pj*) files. This feature was added several years ago.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast