What's new

Demul Sound

jedfactor

Demul is great, and games generally look good but the sound could be better, notice it especially in shemnue 2.

F

Fanatic 64

How could it be better? Is it too quiet? With artifacts? Or you just want better raw quality?

OP
J

jedfactor

im getting a lot of crackly sound and popping, and if you listen to it in comparison to nulldc or makaron it doesn't sound as good quality.

I have the settings on the default.

OP
J

jedfactor

sound has actually got worse it sounds like its skipping continuously, it wasn't doing that before.

click4dylan

Tomb raider the last revelation on demul causes random chipmunk noises on voices, and general cutting out of audio. It also cannot save/load memory cards without hex editing the memory card

oasis

im getting a lot of crackly sound and popping, and if you listen to it in comparison to nulldc or makaron it doesn't sound as good quality.

I have the settings on the default.

I noticed those too, until I changed the Demul sound configuration to disable DSP. I did a side-by-side comparison of NullDC and Demul on the same game (Shenmue) by muting one and then the other, and apart from volume levels, it was exactly the same.