What's new

GLIDE64 Dumping and Loading Issues HELP

OP
M

marche247

Use 7zip to open the archive.
Use PJ64 1.6 and drop the attached into the plugins directory. See if it loads.

Glide64 creates the texture_dump folder automatically when you start dumping
textures the only one that you need to make is hires_texture.

I think we are making progress... so i downloaded the file into the plugins folder......then i dumped the textures no problem.
However when i go to edit the picture it wont let me save the picture...it says access denied...??

any Idea?

I appreciate all your help NES...

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
What are you using as an editor? Are you trying to save a PNG in MS paint? If so that won't work as MS paint saves to BMP and JPEG.

Gimp or Photoshop are your best options.

EDIT: I was mistaken MS paint does allow png's now.
The source file Can't be read by PJ64 and edited at the same time.

Last edited:
OP
M

marche247

What are you using as an editor? Are you trying to save a PNG in MS paint? If so that won't work as MS paint saves to BMP and JPEG.

Gimp or Photoshop are your best options.

EDIT: I was mistaken MS paint does allow png's now.
The source file Can't be read by PJ64 and edited at the same time.

Ive closed out project 64 ....then tried editing file using paint and saving it as PNG...and it says access denied.

I PM you a picture

OP
M

marche247

2014_04_27_2035.png

Last edited by a moderator:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
How about MS paint? This is what we are having an issue with right now, correct?
Use Save as when saving an open document, this will create a new copy of the file for you.

Last edited:
OP
M

marche247

How about MS paint? This is what we are having an issue with right now, correct?
Use Save as when saving an open document, this will create a new copy of the file for you.

Ive used Paint.net and MS paint.....and i did SAVE AS....then if it asks to overwrite existing file...i say Yes

F

Fanatic 64

Remember you can't write to Program Files unless you Run as administrator (I gotta make a keyboard shortcut for that phrase).