What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Textures aren't dumping

flitski

as far as I can make out I should just have to enable texture dumping and textures should start appearing in a folder in the plugins folder. nothing at all seems to happen though. is there another step to this that I'm missing?

F

Fanatic 64

Well, you got texture dumping disabled. Enabled it and press the key indicated in the tooltip (what appears when you put your mouse over the option).

OP
F

flitski

Well, you got texture dumping disabled. Enabled it and press the key indicated in the tooltip (what appears when you put your mouse over the option).

that was just for the screenshot. I hadn't realised there was a hotkey to start it however after trying it, again nothing. It does show up on screen saying texture dumping on/off though when I toggle it.

F

Fanatic 64

IIRC zilmar's version of Glide64 (Glide64 for PJ64) dumps textures in the same place as Jabo. Try running as administrator and looking in "Textures" or "texture-save" or something like that in the Project 64 folder.

You could also do a search for *.png in Windows Explorer and see if the dumped textures appear.

OP
F

flitski

I've managed to get textures dumping just using project 64 1.6 instead. to apply the textures for 2.1 would i just copy the GAME NAME folder with all the dumped textures in 1.6 to my "Textures" folder in 2.1?

F

Fanatic 64

Which plugin revision? Glide64 for PJ64? That's because it was made by Zilmar and he doesn't really know about graphic plugins (he has admitted it himself). He merged the 3 Glide64 DLLs into 1 DLL (imperfectly, introducing many bugs and killing compatibility with 3Dfx cards), and made some tweaks, such as changing the texture path to be the same as Jabo's (without documenting it anywhere), merging Glide64.ini with Project64.rdb (making it a nightmare to maintain the file), and removing the screen fill setting (why?). But he didn't bother removing the "Get framebuffer info" option, which only works on Mupen64 :doh:

The best Zilmar Spec. version of Glide64 to use is Glide64 Final (May 2012), although I can't find a download link to that version (I have it on my PC). The one on Google Code is Glide64 Final (Dec 2011).

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Glide64 for PJ64, yes. Thanks for the clarification.

Glide64 Final (May 2012) is available those that are interested may download it Here.