Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Mupen64Plus-Qt

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Very promising GUI for Mupen64Plus.

Mupen64Plus-Qt utilizes the console UI to launch games. It contains support for most of the command line parameters. These can be viewed by running Mupen64Plus from a terminal with the --help parameter or here.
    Why does it use the console UI? The idea is to use the Mupen64Plus library directly (the commandline UI is not intended to be used by a frontend).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Surkow View Post
    Why does it use the console UI? The idea is to use the Mupen64Plus library directly (the commandline UI is not intended to be used by a frontend).
    Simply because it was converted from CEN64-Qt which launches CEN64 using the command line (since CEN64 has no API to interact with at this point). It was easy to convert that into a launcher for Mupen64Plus. My focus for this is more on creating a quality frontend for CEN64 if and when it becomes a stable N64 emulator, which is why I've left Mupen64Plus-Qt as a launcher.

I did throw together a somewhat working copy of Mupen64Plus-Qt using the API at one point. It shouldn't be difficult for someone to modify emulatorhandler.cpp to work with the API instead of the console IU if they feel inclined.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456