Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Mupen64Plus-Qt

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can anyone tell me how i use high-res textures with m64py?
    Dir hires_texture and enabled "highres textures" in the settings doesnt work.

EDIT:
    Ok, wrong folder, found it. How can i change the folder to the programm dir? To make the software (more) "portable"?

EDIT2:
    Only in the cfg.
    Last edited by pene12; January 11th, 2016 at 06:42.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ./mupen64plus-qt retuns:

/mupen64plus-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

where does one find libquazip1 for 64bit Ubuntu? ( I am on 14.04 and read on this thread that it is not included until the 14.10 distribution. I have tried to resolve this following the install instructions on the Github:

Building with Qt4

Install the Qt4 dependencies instead. On Debian/Ubuntu:

# apt-get install qt4-qmake g++ libqt4-dev libquazip-dev libqt4-sql-sqlite

(this part worked fine).. but the next part has me really confused. Its seems like incomplete instructions.

Then create the Makefile with qmake and build with make:

$ qmake-qt4
    $ make

after running qmake-qt4 I only get:

Usage: qmake-qt4 [mode] [options] [files]

and a list of commands. I cam really new to compiling and Ubuntu. Can anyone help ?
    Last edited by Bluerose; January 11th, 2016 at 10:30.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    pene12: You'll probably want to pose those questions in the m64py thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluerose View Post
    ./mupen64plus-qt retuns:

/mupen64plus-qt: error while loading shared libraries: libquazip.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

where does one find libquazip1 for 64bit Ubuntu? ( I am on 14.04 and read on this thread that it is not included until the 14.10 distribution. I have tried to resolve this following the install instructions on the Github:

Building with Qt4

Install the Qt4 dependencies instead. On Debian/Ubuntu:

# apt-get install qt4-qmake g++ libqt4-dev libquazip-dev libqt4-sql-sqlite

(this part worked fine).. but the next part has me really confused. Its seems like incomplete instructions.

Then create the Makefile with qmake and build with make:

$ qmake-qt4
    $ make

after running qmake-qt4 I only get:

Usage: qmake-qt4 [mode] [options] [files]

and a list of commands. I cam really new to compiling and Ubuntu. Can anyone help ?
    Run those commands in the same directory that contains mupen64plus-qt.pro. You'll need to clone the repository (git clone https://github.com/dh4/mupen64plus-qt) or download tar/zip of the source tree rom the GitHub page.

You can also just download the development build here. It no longer requires libquazip1 as I've been linking quazip statically with the latest builds. This will be true of the release version once I create the next release.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    that worked ! thank you.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your work Presence but I cannot make it works.
    I am not sure if I have all the requirements.

- CEN64 executable : I guess it is the "mupen64plus" file from mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5 but I am not sure.
    - PIF IPL file : I guess it is the "pifdata.bin" that I found somewhere on the Internet.
    - 64DD IPL file : I found a "64DD_IPL.n64" on the Internet. I am not sure this file is needed thought.
    - ROM catalog : This file I cannot find it, any search give me confusing results.

The further attempt to launch a ROM lead me to this error message :

Code:
    UI-Console Error: dlopen('/usr/local/lib/libmupen64plus.so.2') failed: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    UI-Console Error: dlopen('./libmupen64plus.so.2') failed: ./libmupen64plus.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    UI-Console Error: AttachCoreLib() Error: failed to find Mupen64Plus Core library
    It seems that I have to install something else so I followed some of the instructions from an other forum :

Code:
    sudo apt-get install xstow
    cd /tmp
    wget "https://mupen64plus.googlecode.com/files/mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5.tar.gz"
    tar -xf mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5.tar.gz
    cd mupen64plus-bundle-linux64-2.5
    sudo ./install.sh /usr/local/stow/mupen64plus-2.5 # install into specific prefix
    cd /usr/local/stow
    sudo find mupen64plus-2.5 -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \+ # fix directory permissions
    sudo xstow mupen64plus-2.5 # creates symlinks in /usr/local/{bin,share} and so on
    cd ~
    echo 'PATH=/usr/local/bin:${PATH}' >> .bashrc
    source .bashrc
    mupen64plus # should work now
    And.. It didn't do anything.

Someone said on an other forum that I should compile mupen from source to fix all problems.
    What do you guys think ?

It is funny because I've been doing emulation for years on Windows but since I switched to Linux I never successfully launched a single ROM.
    Last edited by superresistant; January 18th, 2016 at 11:59.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You've got multiple problems there. First, looks like you're using CEN64-Qt which won't work with Mupen64Plus. Download Mupen64Plus-Qt here.

The launcher will be useless though unless you get Mupen64Plus working.

The problem:
    Code:
    failed: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    This error means the executable you downloaded is linked against a library that is not present on your system (Debian and Ubuntu don't have a package in their repos that contains that version of libpng AFAIK). You could recompile Mupen64Plus to link against the version of libpng on your system, but a much easier way to get things working is to just install Mupen64Plus from your distribution's repos. Assuming you're using Debian or Ubuntu, this should work:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install mupen64plus
    Then, the Mupen64Plus executable should appear at /usr/games/mupen64plus. Mupen64Plus-Qt should auto-detect this the next time you run it.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    You've got multiple problems there. First, looks like you're using CEN64-Qt which won't work with Mupen64Plus. Download Mupen64Plus-Qt here.
    The launcher will be useless though unless you get Mupen64Plus working.
    The problem: failed: libpng16.so.16: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    This error means the executable you downloaded is linked against a library that is not present on your system (Debian and Ubuntu don't have a package in their repos that contains that version of libpng AFAIK). You could recompile Mupen64Plus to link against the version of libpng on your system, but a much easier way to get things working is to just install Mupen64Plus from your distribution's repos. Assuming you're using Debian or Ubuntu, this should work:
    sudo apt-get install mupen64plus
    Then, the Mupen64Plus executable should appear at /usr/games/mupen64plus. Mupen64Plus-Qt should auto-detect this the next time you run it.
    Thanks for your help sir.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi @Presence.

I have some trouble when updating plugins (i.e., replacing GLideN64 with a newer version). When I delete the older mupenplus-video-GLideN64.dll and put the new one in mupen64plus directory, launching from command line effectively uses the new plugin, but launching from mupen64Qt uses the older plugin (the one that has been deleted from the directory). Changing stuff in the settings was no use.

Do you know why this is happening? Changing the filename helps, but if I rename back to the name the older plugin used to have, it starts loading the incorrect one again.

P.S. I am using Windows 8.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What do you mean when you say it uses the older plugin? Does it actually load the older version of GLideN64 or just attempt to load it? If it's actually loading it then that dll file is still there.

Could you post the output of 'View Log' after a failed launch? What does your video dropdown under Settings->Configure->Plugins show?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    It is loading it without the file being there. There is another file with the same name, but it loads the one I deleted.

Process in detail:
    1. There is an old version of the plugin "mupen64plus-video-gliden64.dll" in "<path>\mupen64plus2.5" which has been selected in the launcher.
    2. I delete it.
    3. I download a new version of "mupen64plus-video-gliden64.dll", decompress it and place it in "<path>\mupen64plus2.5".
    4. I enter the launcher, change plugin directory to anything. Change plugin directory back to "<path>\mupen64plus2.5".
    5. Select "mupen64plus-video-gliden64.dll"

When I launch a game the older revision is used (the one that is no longer in "<path>\mupe64plus2.5").

I hope it is clearer.

Mupen64plus log is correct.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast