Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mupen64Plus-Qt

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you're changing the plugin directory from the default, make sure you copy over all the .dylib files from mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS/ to whatever directory you chose, otherwise they won't show. Mupen64Plus-Qt (and Mupen64Plus) only check in one folder for plugins.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I did and everything is there. However, according to log:

UI-Console Error: Specified Video plugin not found: mupen64plus-video-GLideN64

Not found ? The settings are showing that its there just fine with every plugins reappear as you said. Its there in the plugin but it won't runt the game. I tried to rename .dll to .dylib and it got bad error so I rename it back to .dll. Does that mean .dll isn't recognized to run the game anyway ? Maybe its for win32 inside the folder that I downloaded from glide64 site. Mine is MAC OS X, you know.
    Last edited by azoreseuropa; September 12th, 2015 at 22:50.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.3
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.2.1

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    That's because you're trying to load a Windows library on Mac OSX. It won't work. I think GLideN64 is going to support Mac OSX eventually, but that's not the case currently.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    That's because you're trying to load a Windows library on Mac OSX. It won't work. I think GLideN64 is going to support Mac OSX eventually, but that's not the case currently.
    That's what I thought. I check the GLideN64 site for MAC OS X and its not there.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.3
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.2.1

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Scraping times out every time with the latest version.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony971 View Post
    Scraping times out every time with the latest version.
    Could you provide more information? What OS are you using? Does the progress window show at all? If it does, does it update partway before timing out?

Does it show the message "Request timed out. Check your network settings."?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    Could you provide more information? What OS are you using? Does the progress window show at all? If it does, does it update partway before timing out?

Does it show the message "Request timed out. Check your network settings."?
    I'm on Windows 10. The progress window shows and progresses through all of the games that already have metadata scraped, but hangs on any games without. I get the "Request timed out" message, continue on through more games with existing metadata, and get another "Request timed out" for each game with missing metadata. Trying to update each game manually results in the same message.

Edit: Tried again and it worked fine. Weird, since my internet was working when I reported this. I was even browsing theGamesDB.net at the time.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's possible their API could have been down or have been overloaded for some reason and taking longer than 10 seconds to respond (that's how long Mupen64Plus-Qt waits). I've run into this before, but the entire thegamesdb.net site was down for ~1 hour or so.

Mupen64Plus-Qt makes requests to the GetGame.php script to fetch game information. For example:
    http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.ph...=Nintendo%2064
    http://thegamesdb.net/api/GetGame.ph...=Nintendo%2064

There's not much I can do if a request to that script takes forever to respond (I think 10 seconds is a reasonable time to wait), other than show a message and allow the user to decide if they want to continue. Still though, thanks for reporting.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can you load hires textures?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes. You shouldn't have any issues loading hi-res textures. Anything you can do with the console UI you can do with this, though I don't provide any helpers for setting up hi-res textures.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast