Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Mupen64Plus-Qt

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Added zip support. This version requires you to refresh your ROMs list with File->Refresh List if you are coming from an older version.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hi, pretty nice launcher! It looks really good with the images.

Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    Please report any bugs you find.
    When I change the RSP plugin, the ini file is updated and games run with another plugin, but in the Settings/Configure/Plugins menu, always shows cxd4-sse2.

Also, you might want to remark in the first post that the good name working is neccessary so that all the images load correctly.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mendus View Post
    Hi, pretty nice launcher! It looks really good with the images.
    Thanks, I'm glad you like it!

When I change the RSP plugin, the ini file is updated and games run with another plugin, but in the Settings/Configure/Plugins menu, always shows cxd4-sse2.
    Thanks for pointing this out. Just a simple error on my part. I've fixed this along with a few other small things and updated the binary downloads.

Also, you might want to remark in the first post that the good name working is neccessary so that all the images load correctly.
    This was included in the README, but since no one reads those, I've added it to the first post. If the GoodName field isn't available, this uses the internal name from the ROM header to search for matches which is less than accurate when combined with thegamesdb.net API's search feature. If you've already downloaded the images, you can refresh any it got incorrect with File->Download/Update Info.

Alternately, just delete the directory it caches the images to:
    Linux: ~/.local/share/mupen64plus-qt/cache
    Windows: cache folder in same directory as executable.
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/mupen64plus-qt/cache

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presence View Post
    This was included in the README, but since no one reads those, I've added it to the first post. If the GoodName field isn't available, this uses the internal name from the ROM header to search for matches which is less than accurate when combined with thegamesdb.net API's search feature. If you've already downloaded the images, you can refresh any it got incorrect with File->Download/Update Info.
    My bad not reading it, I stopped when I found the mupen64plus commands.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Version 1.6 released. Download is on the Github page. The main feature (other than some small bug fixes) is the "Additional Parameters" field under Configure->Other. This allows you to pass additional parameters to Mupen64Plus. The most obvious use for this is specifying cheats (for example "--cheats 1,2,3"). You can also list out cheats by specifying "--cheats list" and then viewing the log when Mupen64Plus fails to launch.

Also the Linux builds are now built with libquazip1 since Ubuntu 14.10 ships with it. If you're on 14.04 or another distribution that uses libquazip0, you'll have to compile using the instructions on the Github readme.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your awesome work! Any chance of getting a frontend for Mednafen? There's a real need for a good GUI there.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony971 View Post
    Thanks for your awesome work! Any chance of getting a frontend for Mednafen? There's a real need for a good GUI there.
    I know Mednafen is really in need of a good frontend. Actually considered creating one before I made CEN64-Qt. It was fairly easy to edit the CEN64-Qt codebase to work with Mupen64Plus which is what this launcher is. Reworking the codebase to work with Mednafen would be quite a bit more work due to the multiple consoles it supports.

More interested in creating a quality frontend for CEN64 currently though so I have no plans for a Mednafen frontend at this point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hello.

I enjoyed Mupen64Plus 2.5 for MAC OS X very much. I like it more than Project64 (Of course, I used it with wineskin, lol) to be honest with you. The problem is: I downloaded the latest plugin version called mupen64plus-video-GLideN64.dll and put it in Mupen64plus folder and I run Mupen64Plus-Qt front-end and check the plugins and I still have two options: mupen64plus-video-glide64mk2 and video rice instead. There is no 3rd option that I want: mupen64plus-video-GLideN64.dll.

Oh, I sent pm to you, Presence, for other question as well. Thanks and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by azoreseuropa; July 18th, 2015 at 13:11.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.3
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.2.1

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't believe GLideN64 supports Mac OSX yet. At least the release archive doesn't contain any binaries for it, so I can't help you getting that plugin to run (Mac OSX dynamic libraries usually have a .dylib extension for reference).

As for getting plugins to show up in preferences, Mupen64Plus-Qt checks in the "Plugins directory" you have set under Preferences->Paths. By default this is within mupen64plus.app at mupen64plus.app/Contents/MacOS. You can get to this in Finder by right clicking on mupen64plus.app and selecting "Show Package Contents." Either paste the new plugin here or move the current plugins contained there to a new directory of your choosing and set Mupen64Plus-Qt to check for plugins there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Ahh, I see.

It recongize mupen64plus-video-GLideN64.dll in Video Plugin but Audio Plugin, Input Plugin, and RSP Plugin disappears. I reset it and everything return to normal. When I try it again.. Those three disappears and remain is my new mupen64plus-video-GLideN64.dll but it won't work without those three which disappears anyway.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.12.3
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 10.2.1

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast