What's new

Super Smash Menus Issue

Will47

Has anyone encountered the issue of menu selections going out of control? (the selector continually goes up or down on its own, therefore not letting me freely pick modes, stock..)

I tried finding different rom versions and even tried dumping my cousin's roms from his cartridge. I don't really want to reinstall another PJ64 version unless I'm forced to.

Is there a fix?

OP
W

Will47

(I'm been using V2.01.01 since its release BTW)
The problem occurs with the keyboard and my 360 controller.

I can't control a single menu including stage select, but during gameplay my controller and keyboard work as they should. 100%

Ive configured before, i have two control profiles for basic 64 controls and one for FPS's like goldeneye and turok.

Everything was fine for months, then i took a break from playing with PJ64 and came back to this and the goldeneye sky problem.

Last edited:
OP
W

Will47

Yeah I have switched plugins but went back to Jabo's 1.7.0.12 because its the only one that works the best with my controller. I was thinking it was the joystick's deadzone but i slid it back and forth and with no luck. <--I only see a difference during actual gameplay, not in menus.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Have you reassigned your buttons?
Did you make sure that all keys and sticks are only assigned to the plugin once?

Post a snapshot of your controller plugin (alt-Print screen)

OP
W

Will47

Well..

I made sure nothing contradicted with anything. But like I said, I have used the same exact controller setting for months with no problem until one day the menus for the game bugged out. I messed with the stick deadzone and nothing changes- only during actual gameplay.

Attachments

• Screenshot (13).jpg
    Screenshot (13).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 256
F

Fanatic 64

You could also set the controller to Rumble Pack to get vibration.

OP
W

Will47

I tried everything, so I reverted to the old 1.6 version. I've heard good things about it.
Everything seems to work!

Last edited: