What's new

Banjo Tooie emulation

doodlepapers

When I do the canary race in the mines, beat the canary, and she's about to give me a jiggy, the game stops reacting and kind of freezes, but the animation is still on going. I already tried switching up all of my plugins, I really don't know what to do. Does anyone have advice?

OP
D

doodlepapers

Can you post a save state at the point before the error?

Sure. When I'm talking to her, before getting the jiggy, the game stops responding, but the animation and the music is still there. I just tried reinstalling pj64, I tried several other roms as well.

Attachments

• Banjo-Tooie (U).pj.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 91

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Hmm. I see the error but have no solution. Have you tried it on Project 64 2.1?
Note: saves can't be transferred between the two emulators.

OP
D

doodlepapers

Hmm. I see the error but have no solution. Have you tried it on Project 64 2.1?
Note: saves can't be transferred between the two emulators.

Yeah, I've only tried it with Project 64 2.1, no other emulator. I've already spent hours searching for a workaround to this, but to no avail. I also tried mupen64plus but it doesn't have a working front end and it's too hard to use, at least for me.

Shame because banjo tooie is so good, I was enjoying it more than banjo kazooie. I guess I'll have to search for another emulator.

Allnatural

Have you been using save states a lot? Just a thought, but any background glitches that have occurred in the emulation process will be maintained (and sometimes compounded) when saving and reloading states.

Try loading from a native save and see if that clears it up. If not, then it's a genuine glitch and can't be fixed other than trying another emulator. If you do have to go that route, you can't transfer a save state, but native saves are generally cross-compatible, so you won't have to start from scratch.

OP
D

doodlepapers

Have you been using save states a lot? Just a thought, but any background glitches that have occurred in the emulation process will be maintained (and sometimes compounded) when saving and reloading states.

Try loading from a native save and see if that clears it up. If not, then it's a genuine glitch and can't be fixed other than trying another emulator. If you do have to go that route, you can't transfer a save state, but native saves are generally cross-compatible, so you won't have to start from scratch.

Thanks. I just downloaded someone's save state, went to the canary race, beat her, and she gave me the jiggy. I probably did use save states, but normal saving as well, and it looks like my save file got corrupted. I've tried everything with my save file and it glitches when she's about to give me the jiggy, no matter what.l guess I'll have to start over I guess and not use save states again.

OP
D

doodlepapers

The rule that I live by when saving is to pause the game before saving a state. Doing this decreases the probability of errors.

Is it possible for save states to make your save file glitched? Funny that when I use someone's save state, and do the challenge, I get the jiggy without problems. Anyways I started over and did the challenge, and I didn't get problems. Thanks for the replies btw. I can finally enjoy this great game again~

Last edited:

Allnatural

Is it possible for save states to make your save file glitched?

Not that I'm aware of, but I'm certainly no expert on the matter.

The problem with save states is that they're essentially just a memory dump of the N64's ram at that moment (notice how they are all 4 or 8 MB unzipped, depending on whether the expansion pak is enabled). Therefore, anything occurring at that moment in the emulation process (like glitches) will be saved in the state.