What's new

Camera snap problem

jgraham19

Whenever I try to play my Donkey Kong 64 rom, in areas with a free cam (c buttons can be used to adjust the camera) the camera snaps to a different angle once about every second. This becomes annoying because of the constant camera direction change as well as headache inducing with the routinely moving angles. I tried adjusting the frame rate but that didn't help. Is this a problem with the rom itself or is there a setting I can adjust to fix it? I'd really like to be able to play the game and my real N64 isn't set up right now but I just can't without the constantly moving camera angles. Thanks!

F

Fanatic 64

This is probably a problem with Mupen64 itself. I would just use a less outdated emulator like Project64 1.6 (2.1 can be a pain in the ***) or the real N64 for an error-free experience.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Known issue, all emulators act the same way.
The problem is with the ROM, all versions and all regions act the same.
This game may never run properly, but if you mess with the Counter Factor, you may be able to make the affect less noticeable.
I suggest playing it on your N64.

F

Fanatic 64

The problem is with the ROM, all versions and all regions act the same.
But if it does not happen on the real N64 then it is a problem with the emulator. Probably none of them have implemented correct CPU emulation for the camera code.