What's new

Mario Kart 64, Netplay and DK map going to fast

zerowalker

Hi,

I am using Project64 2.1.0.1, and i am using it to play Mario Kart 64 together with a friend.

However, there are 2 problems.

1: Netplay, we are using AQZ Netplay, but it can go out of sync, however this only seems to happen with "Mario Party" (both have the same setups)
2: This is for Mario Kart 64, the DK map is going to fast, the sound is normal, but the map speed is probably twice, and it goes up and down, probably 100-300% or something all the time.

Thanks!

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
There is no way to fix the speed on the DK track.
The speed issue is a problem that is found on the Mario kart game cartridge itself.

As far as Mario Party I can't help as I don't use netplay or play Mario Party.

OP
Z

zerowalker

What do you mean, as i am sure that this isn´t in the original game, i got a PAL N64 with Mario Kart 64, and i am sure that it isn´t like that (even though Pal is 20% slower in pretty much every game).

F

Fanatic 64

This is how it normally runs. If you have major speedups/slowdowns then check if the VI/s is always 60.0. Also you could try using PJ64 1.6, since 2.1 has several timing issues.

OP
Z

zerowalker

That looks like PAL, but i can tell you, mine runs extremely fast, but the Audio is correct.
I also got the latest PJ 2.1.0.1 i think.

OP
Z

zerowalker

Yeah i know;P
Normally it's the same as the FPS (about 60) i think, unsure how it is on DK map speeded up though, as it doesn't bug now, at least not on Single Player.