What's new

N64 or gamecube controller better for dolphin gamecube and project64 n64 games?

Tommy12

I don't really want to get 2 controllers. The n64 has 4 c buttons, whereas the gamecube has a c stick. My concern is that if choosing the gamecube emulator, those 4 missing c buttons will be a problem for n64 games, and if choosing the n64 controller, no c stick will be a problem for n64 games

The only controller I've ever used is the snes controller, would I be missing any important buttons or sticks if I tried to use that?

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Go with the Gamecube it feels more like a game controller and you don't need three hands to use it.
However I and most of the members of this forum would suggest a Xbox or Xbox 360 controller.
These controllers have extra buttons that you can config to modifiers and turbo keys, and the rumble is also very strong.

All buttons are interchangeable in the emulator plugin profile.

Last edited:
OP
T

Tommy12

I like the look of the WII U Pro controller, it's very similar to the xbox controller. It's like a snes controller with 2 analog sticks. Does anyone know if the USB cable that plugs into the controller is used for sending information? I'm, wondering if I can just plug it into the USB slot of the computer and use it like you would an xbox controller, or if it can only be used wirelessly to send game commands