What's new

Having major speed-up (and audio) issues

Jumper_0

I am trying to run some games, specifically Paper Mario thousand year door and Gauntlet dark legacy.
With gauntlet dark legacy, I am having the issue of it running at about 800% of normal speed, and it will fluctuate rapidly from 600% to 800% VPN (which i assume somehow translates to emulation speed)
when at 800% vpn, i get about a lag number of 30 and the audio is just short bursts of normal-speed audio with massive cuts and garbles and such.
What I then tried doing was to limit the speed to 100, but then it will just fluctuate between about 56% vpn and 87% vpn
all of these numbers are just the FIRST number - ect. VPN: >(%56) - %76 , or something like that.
and all the while it is extremely unstable and fluctuates quite a bit, with massive audio issues that go along with it.

The one that bothers me the most is with Paper Mario. It always runs at what it tells me is 50% VPN, but 60-40 FPS but it stays pretty smooth, but the audio is really choppy and horrible, and when switching to OpenAL Latency 10, it fixes it slightly but everything is slooow and drawwn ouutt
Also there are major Graphical glitches with me not being able to see most characters, as well as a lot of large objects having random flashing bars of.. invisible-ness going through them.I think it has to do with it trying to display a 2D image in a 3D plain, and what it does is just cut it up into layers, and then lay the image flat where it was supposed to be and it doesn't line up with where its supposed to be. i can provide screenshots of anything if necessary. any help would be much obliged.
other games i am having similar issues with:
battle on bikini bottom
custom Robo

The end goal is to record these games using DXtory

Mik35150

Have you tried messing with the audio backend and DSP settings could help .Oh and if you have a quad core cpu check DSP on dedicated thread.