What's new

Project 64 1.7.50 AQZ Netplay

POADS

Project 64 2.1 AQZ Netplay - Looking for Players

AQZ Net-play

A few people and I have a group through Skype for the AQZ Net-play plugin. AQZ is a controller input plugin that allows support for net-play by communicating your actions to the other players. I think many of new users to Project 64 and to net-play have no idea what AQZ is because when searching for N64 net-play, Project64k is all that is being shown. The point of this group is to raise awareness about AQZ and why it is a much better alternative than Project64k. AQZ can run almost all N64 games desync free!

If you would like to join the action or you have any concerns or questions about AQZ and the group just reply below or send me a message through Skype (POADS04)

Last edited:

beansta

Oh nice, i do this with a friend of mine (we only play mario kart 64), however we do it with PJ64 v2.1. But id like to find people to play other games with such as Super Smash Bros or Goldeneye. However from what ive learned about that netplay plugin it only works if people use the exact same version of PJ64, so if u guys would like to obtain my v2.1 setup then ur more than welcome to.

Last edited:
OP
P

POADS

We've experience issues with v 2.1 using the net-play plugin so we've tested many versions and came to the conclusion that 1.7.50 works the best for most games. So I would suggest switching to that version, but if for some reason you will only play with 2.1 then I know most of my guys in the group would download it for playing with people that prefer it like yourself. Would you and your friend want to join our group? If we can reach 50 people we will likely form a website and chat room for people to find games easily.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

There's 1 problem with that: Only people who donated during the beta can download 1.7.0.50.

beansta

Yeah see i had issues with 1.7.0.50 (i was a donator btw), too many issues with the input plugins. I havent tested any other games other than mario kart 64 with v2.1 but it works flawlessly for me on there, even with the lag offset set to 0.

OP
P

POADS

Oh yea that's a good point about the donators Fanatic 64... well me and a few guys will try v2.1 and see if we get the same results as you did beansta. If we do get those kind of results we will likely switch over to 2.1 seeing that 1.7.50 is not available to to certain people.

EDIT- 2.1 is giving us desync issues that require the adjustment in the settings of every rom to fix, also many people have reported that 1.6 actually runs better for them than 2.1 on slower systems. Since Version 1.7 was for donators only we have made the decision to move to 1.6.

Last edited:
OP
P

POADS

Hello, just wanted to let people know that stumble upon this thread that we still have the group and are always looking for more people that love N64. We are using Project 64 2.1 now. I did explain above that there is a rom issue that has to be fixed with every game we use in PJ64 2.1. The good news is these fixes were able to be made a little easier by including the settings for most roms to be set correctly by default in our package. We have also fixed the issue of older systems not being able to run 2.1 well by testing many plugins and finding the best plugin to include in our package that works the greatest on those systems. If you wanna join us just message me (POADS04) on Skype. Also please refer us to your friends as we would hate for them to miss out on amazing N64 netplay by falling victim to Project64k. Not that Project64k is not great or anything :whistling

Last edited:

Nickelbawker

I'm waiting for new master quest dungeons and co-op dungeons D:!

How do you get 2.1 to work? I get non-stop crashes with custom settings.

Last edited: