What's new

Hi and a question or 2

MartyB

I don't usually join message boards, but Saturn emulation is getting me excited recently (not THAT excited).
I know it will be a long while before we get full speed and sound, but I love to see emus grow (Emulators that is not the bird).

I had a Saturn a few years back and hate to say I fell for the PSX brand name and got rid of my Saturn. I bought one second hand at a car boot sale about 1 year ago for £10 but no games. Only managed to get a game for it last week (Sega Rally). SO if anyone has any PAL games they wish to send my way.

So anyway on to my questions.

In the GiriGiri read me it mentions that it will not work with systems with more than one CD drive (It doesn't here with WINXP), is there a way around this?

Are either SSF or GiriGiri gonna be adding ST-V support?

Also one thing I was thinking about. Did the Saturn actually run all games at 60 FPS? IIRC the first batch of PSX (Is that a swear word here?) games ran at 30 FPS (25 for PAL). I can get the STV games that run in Satourne to run about 12-15 FPS and this does seem to only be about half speed.

Sorry if I rambled a bit.
I wish I knew how to help out with emulating the Saturn but my programming goes as far as Frontends in VB.

flow``

flow``
SO if anyone has any PAL games they wish to send my way. -> we don't condone the use of piracy to get games.. get off your ass and check ebay :p

In the GiriGiri read me it mentions that it will not work with systems with more than one CD drive (It doesn't here with WINXP), is there a way around this? -> AFAIK, giri giri doesn't like xp for some reason. anyway, it should work even if you have multiple drives on another OS (98se seems about the best choice)

Are either SSF or GiriGiri gonna be adding ST-V support? -> doubtfully.. but most st-v games were ported to the saturn and vise versa

the saturn ran _some_ games at a solid 60 fps.. due to bad programming or bad use of the 4 cpu's.. many games lagged in certain cpu-intense areas of the games

I can get the STV games that run in Satourne to run about 12-15 FPS and this does seem to only be about half speed. -> not really :p

with emulator optimizations, games could easily run at 200 fps on beefy systems. due to the lack of people wanting to code emu's (much less optimize them right now) i doubt we'll see that for a very long time.

OP
M

MartyB

I was talking about Original games not piracy. I do check Ebay and all the best games go for a lot of money. (I must pay off my Credit card.)
Thanks for replying quickly.

flow``

flow``
np :)

as far as "best games for go for a lot of money"..

not really
virtua cop 2, sega rally, and others are fairly cheap

of course the rpg's go for quite a lot.. but if you dont like rpg's then just about everything else is fairly cheap