Administrator & Programmer Danny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

What would you like to see changed/added?

Hello Emutalk users!

We are working on improving the site in all aspects, and would like to hear what you, the users would like to see added or changed.

We value your input, so please let us know your thoughts!
    Thanks
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Either restore the old emoticon or update all emoticons.

Also something really nice would be a section & board for ROM hacking, like http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewforum&f=64 but for all N64 games. That may even bring additional activity to the site.

And maybe adjust the site layout for 16:9 (1366x768) monitors? Right now EmuTalk.net looks like 16:10 (1280x800) and Emulation64.com looks like 4:3 (640x480).

But please, whatever you do, do NOT change the forum software. vBulletin 5 sucks, and the only alternatives I could honestly recommend are IP.Board or MyBB, depending on wherever you want to shell out money or not. vBulletin 4 is fine, though.

Administrator & Programmer Danny's Avatar
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    Either restore the old emoticon or update all emoticons.

Also something really nice would be a section & board for ROM hacking, like http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=viewforum&f=64 but for all N64 games. That may even bring additional activity to the site.

And maybe adjust the site layout for 16:9 (1366x768) monitors? Right now EmuTalk.net looks like 16:10 (1280x800) and Emulation64.com looks like 4:3 (640x480).

But please, whatever you do, do NOT change the forum software. vBulletin 5 sucks, and the only alternatives I could honestly recommend are IP.Board or MyBB, depending on wherever you want to shell out money or not. vBulletin 4 is fine, though.
    Sorry for the late reply.

I like all your suggestions. Don't worry about us changing the software, we have no plans to change from VB4
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C#, C, C++, Objective-C, Java, Swift, Lua. Also know some: PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Texture Pack Invader NES_player4LIFE's Avatar
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I would like to flip through Image albums by clicking next or by using the keyboard, like facebo0k.
    -NES
    We are in the process of archiving all qualifying texture packs!
    Contact me via PM to have your N64 texture pack hosted on Emulation64.com!
    Having a hard time loading Large packs? Be sure to patch your emulator.
    Can't load .DAT or .HTC archives? Look no further then this shiny Tutorial, Android users may use this Tutorial.
      Spoiler: