Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I'm back to playing with emulation constantly these days since buying up a few of the last worthwhile machines I didn't own (team Wonderswan ColoUr!), and Cemu, RPCSX3 and the Switch emulator Yuzu in particular are amazing pieces of work to be at the place they are already.
    (But nobody mention the one word story thread, in case Martin remembers and we all die horribly as a result...)
    Stalkid64 - Warning; Posts may be `a little long`.
    T.B.E. Campaign 2005 - We want YOU. (To stop posting like an idiot.)

*Voted Most Likely To Be On #wiidev and Most Liable To Use Server 2008, 2008*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Seeing all the regulars warms my heart somewhat every time I log on.
    TBE Status: Failure

The Soul Reaving Gentleman Gent's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hey Jaz, always a pleasure seeing you about

System 1 Specs:

CPU:Intel® Core™2 Quad Processor Q8400, 2.66 GHz, 1333 MHz FSB
    System RAM:8GB Ddr2 Ram
    Video:ATI Radeon HD 7470 PCI-E Graphics Card 1Gb
    Sound:Creative Labs SB0460 X-fi Fatality Sound Blaster

System 2 Specs:

CPU:AMD Essentials E1-2100 Accelerated Processor clock speed : 1.0 GHz
    System RAM:Crucial 16GB DDR3 RAM (1,333 MHz)
    Video Card:AMD E1-2100 APU with AMD Radeon™ HD 8210 Graphics
    Sound Card:Realtek ALC269Q-VB5-GR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Must be getting very close to the 20 year mark for some of us now. At least back before the Big Forum Reset of 2001 (our beautiful/questionable post counts, noooooo...) lost our true join dates with the original incarnation (along with the era of crossposting on emuhelp).

Inbetween I've wandered through helping out with some fun side projects like the disaster that was OS X on non Apple hardware - be careful what you wish for was the lesson learned - and I was far more lucky and privileged to be allowed to help out the amazingly smart "team twiizers", now commonly known as fail0verflow, beta testing (as virtually the only PAL tester) and helping shape a little thing called the Wii Homebrew Channel.
    (I was, due to the quirks of timezones and someone doing the coding while at work, the first of us - and likely the first in the world outside of Nintendo - to actually play a normal DVD on a totally unchipped Wii, and if you see the original documentation for the HBC provided or on the site... Uh, I wrote that, for lack of anyone else wanting to do so.)

And here I just got done with playing around with yuzu and seeing things like Pokemon Let's Go emulated (beyond full speed indoors! About... 45% outdoors!), getting absorbed by the perfectly-running Puyo Puyo Tetris for at least an hour not even thinking about the fact it was being emulated most of the time as it was so engrossing.
    Then there's Dolphin emulating Wind Waker in first person in the Oculus Rift DK2... Amazing. Emulation never gets old.
    Last edited by Stalkid64; December 2nd, 2018 at 02:20.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Wasn't OSX based on BSD? I understand they did something weird with X (apple) it's also hardly BSD anymore.
    And there likely will always be something for emulation.
    Ugh you reminded me of the project I was working on.
    Stop it! Fortunately in the last 10 months I have dug up stuff I was working on in 2002 mostly bits and pieces.
    Well nothing wxWidgets and openGL won't cure I suppose. C++ to python I guess.
    Well the only thing in emulation that gets old is the people messing with it I guess.

Cyb
    Progress (n.):
    The process through which the Internet has evolved from smart people in front of dumb terminals to dumb people in front of smart terminals.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Recursive (adj):
    see Recursive

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberman View Post
    Wasn't OSX based on BSD? I understand they did something weird with X (apple) it's also hardly BSD anymore.
    And there likely will always be something for emulation.
    Ugh you reminded me of the project I was working on.
    Stop it! Fortunately in the last 10 months I have dug up stuff I was working on in 2002 mostly bits and pieces.
    Well nothing wxWidgets and openGL won't cure I suppose. C++ to python I guess.
    Well the only thing in emulation that gets old is the people messing with it I guess.

Cyb
    OS X is based on BSD at the "Darwin" kernel level, then basically strapping a terrible GUI on top of it all. Best as I remember anyway. The main difference being FreeBSD can make a wonderful useful computer system and OS X / Mac OS / IOS is basically "how to consume the youtubes and facebook, for idiots."
    Horrible OS in the end, and one I regret aiding people in running. But I at least gained some knowledge of how the CLI/terminal worked that I put to good use years later with FreeBSD.
    (Then there's OpenBSD - Those people though, make Linuxists look like a friendly and helpful bunch by comparison...)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789