What's new

Documentation request

CheesyPOOF5

Have you released or considered releasing the various documentation you've put together? This thread: Here is quite a godsend but I was wondering if you have significantly more documents.

Apologies in advance if you've already answered this. Reading a 94 page thread is probably not the best use of my time.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fanatic 64

He already said he wont be releasing any documentation.

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
He already said he wont be releasing any documentation.

I refuse to publicly provide a compilation my documentation as I don't want a C&D sitting in my inbox tomorrow. However, I will answer any specific questions that you may have. Reading the thread (and source!) probably has bits and pieces of useful information, though if you have a good technical background, you can probably find better on the web.

Good, public domain starting points would be the NEC VR4300 datasheet, http://infrid.com/rcp64/docfiles/n64maps.txt, and the list of patents on the CEN64 forums.

Last edited:
OP
C

CheesyPOOF5

I refuse to publicly provide a compilation my documentation as I don't want a C&D sitting in my inbox tomorrow. However, I will answer any specific questions that you may have. Reading the thread (and source!) probably has bits and pieces of useful information, though if you have a good technical background, you can probably find better on the web.

Good, public domain starting points would be the NEC VR4300 datasheet, (url removed, apparently I can't post them), and the list of patents on the CEN64 forums.

Thanks for the reply. At first I was pretty surprised that you were refusing to provide documentation, but now that I think about the legal implications I can't say I'd do differently. Great job with this emulator, I'm really amazed how well it's working already!

F

Fanatic 64

Technically you can get a cease & desist order just by making an emulator. That's how the creators of UltraHLE got screwed.

Brawler

Technically you can get a cease & desist order just by making an emulator. That's how the creators of UltraHLE got screwed.

But then again UltraHLE was way back in the day when N64 was still being sold. And I don't think nintendo cares about it nowadays

OP
C

CheesyPOOF5

I'm not so sure about this, but there are definitely ways to accelerate the process of getting one. :eek:

Yeah I'm not so sure either. Nintendo sent a cease and desist, but who knows what would have happened if it went to court. These days there are actual legal precedents (in the US) that make emulating legal.