What's new

Some forum changes - leave suggestions and bug reports here

Martin

Administrator
We've made some changes to the forum, you can leave your opinion here if you like. :)

1) Profanity filter

Bad words are automatically filtered out, although we prefer if you don't use profanity at all. You can disable the filter in your profile.

2) Forced to read our rules

All members are forced to read our rules. Once you've read the thread, you won't be bothered again. This is to ensure the best quality of the posts at the forum.

3) Doublepost/bumps merges

Accidental doubleposts and bumps are automatically merged (two replies in the same thread within 120 minutes if noone replies in between, if that makes sense ;))

4) Separated sticky and normal threads

This is just a small fix so that you can tell more easily which threads are sticked.

5) Improved Tapatalk support

Tapatalk is a free app for iPhone/Android that lets you post from your phone or tablet:

IOS version
Android version

...more updates to follow!

UPDATE:

6) @ Notification system

Twitter-style @ "Mentions": Typing @UserName produces a "Mention" that will alert the user to your post, as well as link to their profile.

Example: If you type @Martin in a post, I will get a notification in my account with a link to the post. Helpful if you need to get someone's attention :)

7) Added/replaced some outdated smilies

No comment :p

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
[MENTION=52143]Martytest[/MENTION] just testing back

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
A minor bug. In the Last Post field of Emulation64.com News, which looks like this:

The "Martin" (or whoever posted the news) in not a link, unlike in all other Last Post fields. For reference this is how it should be:

Ah you're right, I didn't even notice. :)

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
It is great to see the news posting!

- - - Updated - - -

Suggestion:
Add support for mp4 uploads at or around 35MB.

Toasty

Sony battery
Hmm, that reminds me -- I've been thinking it would be nice if the game save file extensions that various emulators use were supported in attachments. Off hand I can think of SRA, EEP, SRM, NSV, and FLA, but there are many others too. It would just be handy to not have to wrap such files (which are usually already very small) in a zip archive.

F

Fanatic 64

Other useful extensions would be: .log, .ini, .rdb, .rdx and .cht.

F

Fanatic 64

That happens if you access http://emutalk.net/. You need to access http://www.emutalk.net/ to be able to login.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
That happens if you access http://emutalk.net/. You need to access http://[B]www.[/B]emutalk.net/ to be able to login.

That's a wierd bug. Even though I can access EmuTalk without "www" typed, unlike weather.com about 10 years ago.....

It appears that my end finds emutalk.net without "www" typed when the other end fails to find emutalk.net without "www" typed.

I remember with The Weather Channel's web site about 10 years ago, the browser would hang when you didn't type "www".

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

When you type "emutalk.net" in the address bar, the browser first tries to access exactly that domain, and if it can't, or if it's redirected, it accesses with www.

Internet Explorer 6 does not handle that properly, that's why it hung.

(The good old times with IE6...)

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
When you type "emutalk.net" in the address bar, the browser first tries to access exactly that domain, and if it can't, or if it's redirected, it accesses with www.

Internet Explorer 6 does not handle that properly, that's why it hung.

(The good old times with IE6...)

That don't occur with all web sites, it's a wierd DNS issue. In 2014, you can go to weather.com without "www" and it works fine.

F

Fanatic 64

Some websites trigger that bug in Internet Explorer 6. You probably aren't using that browser in 2014.