EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Issues with Demul BIOS...

All I want is an emulator with save states, so I was directed to Demul. I want to play Evolution, an impossible game without the ability to save...

I understand I have to change the BIOS name, but I can't figure out what this message is asking me for.

Which file(s) do I rename and what is the name of the folder they should be in?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You need to create a zip file named dc.zip and but all the Demul BIOS files in that (including mpr-21931.ic501) and put that in Demul's roms folder. What version of Demul are you using?

Also make sure that you have selected the right BIOS to use in Demul's BIOS settings.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I realized that was for the wrong Demul version. I should have been using the .55 x64 version. I appropriately renamed the BIOS files and got that settled, but I face a new problem with the configuration of the game pad.

I have my own controller I would like to use (if that is possible). If not, then how do I set any keys? When I try to set a key it automatically resets each field to "JOY0_19" and clears all other fields.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the_Jiten View Post
    I realized that was for the wrong Demul version. I should have been using the .55 x64 version. I appropriately renamed the BIOS files and got that settled, but I face a new problem with the configuration of the game pad.

I have my own controller I would like to use (if that is possible). If not, then how do I set any keys? When I try to set a key it automatically resets each field to "JOY0_19" and clears all other fields.
    It's a four years old post but I wonder if your joystick is the problem? Try to loose the JOY0_19 button maybe that button was pressed all the time when you configure the buttons

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossnova View Post
    It's a four years old post but I wonder if your joystick is the problem? Try to loose the JOY0_19 button maybe that button was pressed all the time when you configure the buttons
    Hi and welcome to emultak. By the way.. It is old thread.. Do not comment here. Make a new thread. Thanks. Closed.
    Model: MacBook Pro with a Retina, Mid 2014 (Purchased in March 28, 2015) -- macOS Sierra 10.13.1
    CPU: 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5
    Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
    Graphic Card: Intel Iris 1536 MB

iPhone 6+ - iOS 11.1.2