What's new

Issues with Demul BIOS...

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_Jiten

All I want is an emulator with save states, so I was directed to Demul. I want to play Evolution, an impossible game without the ability to save...

I understand I have to change the BIOS name, but I can't figure out what this message is asking me for.

Which file(s) do I rename and what is the name of the folder they should be in?

Attachments

• Demul BIOS names.png
    Demul BIOS names.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 65,924

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
You need to create a zip file named dc.zip and but all the Demul BIOS files in that (including mpr-21931.ic501) and put that in Demul's roms folder. What version of Demul are you using?

Also make sure that you have selected the right BIOS to use in Demul's BIOS settings.

OP
T

the_Jiten

I realized that was for the wrong Demul version. I should have been using the .55 x64 version. I appropriately renamed the BIOS files and got that settled, but I face a new problem with the configuration of the game pad.

I have my own controller I would like to use (if that is possible). If not, then how do I set any keys? When I try to set a key it automatically resets each field to "JOY0_19" and clears all other fields.

crossnova

I realized that was for the wrong Demul version. I should have been using the .55 x64 version. I appropriately renamed the BIOS files and got that settled, but I face a new problem with the configuration of the game pad.

I have my own controller I would like to use (if that is possible). If not, then how do I set any keys? When I try to set a key it automatically resets each field to "JOY0_19" and clears all other fields.

It's a four years old post but I wonder if your joystick is the problem? Try to loose the JOY0_19 button maybe that button was pressed all the time when you configure the buttons

spotanjo3

It's a four years old post but I wonder if your joystick is the problem? Try to loose the JOY0_19 button maybe that button was pressed all the time when you configure the buttons

Hi and welcome to emultak. By the way.. It is old thread.. Do not comment here. Make a new thread. Thanks. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.