What's new

Project 64 v 2.1.0.1 Framerate

heyitsj0n

Hi. I'm Having this problem with the frame rate on pj64 2.1.0.1 running smash bros. When I first downloaded the eumulator and played Smash Bros, it was (nearly) Flawless! the only problem I had was that some of the items were flat or invisible, along with the character's shield. At this time (without changing ANY options, the frame rate was LOCKED at an amazing 60 VL/s. And I say locked because no matter what part in the game, it would stay at a beautiful 60, a huge improvement from when I tried the emulator last year. This brings us to the actual problem. While trying to fix the flat items/shields glitch, I changed the graphics plugin from the latest version of Jabo's Direct, to Glide64 for pj64. AS SOON AS I MADE THIS CHANGE, THE FRAMERATE BECAME UNSTABLE, usually staying at 56-58, but then dropping to nearly 20 VL/s. Even after changing back to the default Jabo Graphics plugin, I can't restore this Heavenly Frame Rate. The game is still playable but not nearly as enjoyable as when the VL/s was frozen at 60. Things I have tried-
1. Going back to default graphics plugin.
2. Resetting all settings.
3. Uninstalling/Re-installing PJ64 v2.1.0.1
4. After doing some research, I discovered that some of the registry keys used for pj64 are left on the filesystem after uninstalling the program. I looked in my registry using AVG Registry browser, and didn't find them. Finding and deleting the registry keys might be my solution.

I Am considering restoring my computer just to get that fame rate back. I hope that isn't the only solution! (I'm on an Acer Aspire v5 touch x64 windows 8 if that helps). ANY Help is greatly appreciated!

F

Fanatic 64

Disable "Fixed Audio Timing" in the ROM settings.

Or use Project64 1.6.

OP
H

heyitsj0n

Yay! Thank you man

Disable "Fixed Audio Timing" in the ROM settings.

Or use Project64 1.6.

YOU SIR, ARE A SAINT. problem fixed! I dont know how this option fixed my problem, I am sure I never changed it originally but i dont give a rats ass!! I LOVE YOU!:inlove:
thanks alot man. Any idea on how to fix the flat items/shields glitch?