What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Problem loading Community LOZ OOT pack

Eurik

Hi there! I'm new to this forum and I must say I love the work on this pack. So far out of all the ones I have seen or used this one is my favorite. I am however having some issues and was hoping to get some help :(.

I 1st checked the textures using the rice video plugin and it uploaded them just fine. So I went to do it with the Glide64 plugin(which has worked with everything else I have ever used) and it would repeatedly crash halfway through loading the textures. If I used an older PJ64(like v1.6) it would say " CN64System::EmulationStarting: Exception caught File: .\N64 System\N64 Class.cpp Line: 258" And if I ran it with a more up to date PJ64(like v2.0) It would give me a Runtime error halfway through loading the textures.

Now, someone on another forum had a similar issue. I few actually. Not specifically this texture pack, but something similar. Their solution was running in compatibility mode. I tried that and tried running as admin, even tried both. I tried several different compatibilities too. Nothing worked.

Another place suggested to run Glide64 and the Textures in 1964 so it would save the cache and I could then just use that for the pj64. Well I tried that, kept all the settings as the recommended, made sure to have the compress cache settings checked, and it would finish loading all the textures and then start the game. but when it started the game no textures would be loaded. And I checked the Cache folder, not .dat's were created.

As I said this only happens with this texture pack. Now, I decided it was too much hassle and that I was simply going to play with the lag that Rice video plugin would give me. I loaded the textures up in the Rice video plugin but now not all the textures were showing. The Zelda start button, the menu, the "nintendo 64" at the opening wouldn't show, it just got ridiculous.

Another person suggested a fresh install of PJ64 so I got rid of everything and got a fresh PJ64 v2.1. Now I don't know what the issue is. I have all the plugins set up like I usually would but when I try to start it up with ANY plugin it says "Cannot open a ROM because plugins have not successfully initialized"
and I have no idea what that means. I checked all the plugins, everything is set up great and like all the Tutorials say but it's simply not working.

At any rate, I really just want to get this working because I really want to play with these textures but no one seems to have the answer and I've tried everything suggested. I have checked my settings a million times and nothing is wrong or out of place but it's still not working. I would greatly appreciate anyone telling me exactly what plugins or additional .Dll's I would need to fix this or what settings or even if someone could provide me with a .dat and help me figure out why the plugins are simply not working now that would be great. Thank you for your time, I'm sorry to have bothered any of you.

OP
E

Eurik

Sorry for the double post, it for some reason wouldn't save my Edited post :(. So I got the textures to load with PJ64v2.0 but I don't think I got them to completely load. There's roughly 4,349 textures files in the folder and it ALWAYS stops at 4,017. It LOOKS fine, but Idk what 332 files are missing. And when I close out and it saves the cache, it doesn't REALLY save it. Bcuz I start it up using the .dat it made and it has NO hires textures. Just the normal it always had. I'd really like to get this issue fixed as soon as possible so if anyone has a solution I'd be grateful if you could help out. OR if anyone is kind enough to maybe post or send me their .dat files of this Texture pack I'd greatly appreciate it. If you can, pm me a link.
Thanx again for any and all help everyone!

Sorry again for the double post :(

OP
E

Eurik

Same here, doesn't load every Texture. :(

I'm surprised this hasn't been solved yet :/. Also some of textures I've noticed that don't load are young Zelda's blinks and some mouth textures as well as several item textures when in a shop, just obtained, or just out and about. And the .dats still not saving any of the working textures when made. Hope someone helps solve this soon :/

mendus

Big packs need texture compression on glide. There is one option in the graphics configuration that will make it work. I think it was mentioned before in this very thread.

OP
E

Eurik

Big packs need texture compression on glide. There is one option in the graphics configuration that will make it work. I think it was mentioned before in this very thread.

Already have that and every option mentioned in this thread checked. did my homework, still not working xD.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Posts moved to their own thread.
Please post plugin issues separate from development thread.

Solution:
Delete the Zelda Cache then
patch your emulator, link located in my signature.

Last edited:
OP
E

Eurik

Posts moved to their own thread.
Please post plugin issues separate from development thread.

Solution:
Delete the Zelda Cache then
patch your emulator, link located in my signature.

The point wasn't a plugin issue. The problem doesn't seem to be with the plugin and I said that in my posts. Every other pack I have used loads perfectly fine with glide. Every single one EXCEPT this one and from what I have read I'm not the only having this issue. I have already patched it what's located in your signature and I said that in my post as well. The problem persists. It always stops loading textures at 4,017 making it skip out on 332 files. What is the issue? How do I fix it? I have it patched, I have the latest plugins, I have tried older versions and the newest, have changed the compatibility mode to everything from "Windows XP SP1" to "Windows 7" and none to see if that would help. It's run as admin always. The problem persists. My issue was I have done everything anyone has said in this thread or otherwise yet the problem continues. Does anyone have any new ideas? Please help. I appreciate it very much and I apologize for sounding so needy :(

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
You have said nothing about patching the emulator, you said that you ran the emu as admin.
Have you patched your emulator as described in THIS thread?

Post your system specs.

Last edited:

Markeerouz

That texture pack is extremely large (needlessly large, some of the texture are really exaggerated)
So maybe your PC doesn't have enough memory.

Visitor111

I had the same issue. I had to manually type in the amount of VRAM and change the properties of the pj64 exe to always run as Admin and in Win XP compat mode. Although I am on a 64-bit OS. Not sure if that matters or not.

OP
E

Eurik

You have said nothing about patching the emulator, you said that you ran the emu as admin.
Have you patched your emulator as described in THIS thread?

Post your system specs.

My sincerest apologies. I could have SWORN I mentioned it. I am sorry. At any rate, It was only AFTER I patched it following that thread that it was even able to load up to 4,017 of the textures. Before it would load at MOST 760 and then crash. And I'm not exactly sure how to check my specs but I can tell you that I can flawlessly run a ps2 emulator without and fps drop.

That texture pack is extremely large (needlessly large, some of the texture are really exaggerated)

I have an 8gb ram. Is that enough memory?

I had the same issue. I had to manually type in the amount of VRAM and change the properties of the pj64 exe to always run as Admin and in Win XP compat mode. Although I am on a 64-bit OS. Not sure if that matters or not.

Yeah I tried that too and still no luck. I'm not sure why nothing is working, but maybe I just haven't tried EVERYTHING yet :/. If I could just get the .dat caches I would be fine :(.

death--droid

It is a HIGH RESOLUTION texture pack, its intention is to implement highly detailed large textures.

I have an 8gb ram. Is that enough memory?
That should be tons, its all I have. Mind you I dont use Glide.

The point wasn't a plugin issue. The problem doesn't seem to be with the plugin and I said that in my posts. Every other pack I have used loads perfectly fine with glide
Problem is plugin related, Rice Video loads them all fine last time I checked.

Sounds like your best bet would be to get someone to provide you with the complete texture cache file.