What's new

Is there a N64 video plugin that...

Psythik

...uses DirectX 9, 10, or 11 and,
Supports texture packs and,
adjusts the game's aspect ratio to match my screen?

I want to play Zelda in widescreen HD (without stretching) on my 3DTV, but my 3D driver (TriDef) only supports games running in DirectX 9 or newer.

Jabo's plugin fulfills the last requirement but not the rest,
Rice Video takes care of the first and second ones but not the last (also is glitchy when rendering Majora's Mask),
Glide64 only fulfills the second requirement but is the least glitchy.

Is it simply not possible to have my cake and eat it too?

F

Fanatic 64

No, there's no such plugin.

Your best shot is to scrap that program and either play in pillarbox mode, or find a texture pack designed for Jabo.

Last edited:
OP
P

Psythik

Thanks for the reply. I don't understand what my graphics card has to do with anything, though. It's only a couple years old (HD 5770). I can play in pillarbox mode just fine, but I'd prefer widescreen, as in true widescreen, not stretched. That's what I meant.

I'll talk to the guys at TriDef and see if they have plans to add OpenGL support. With SteamOS around the corner, it's only a matter of time before DirectX loses it's chokehold on gaming....

F

Fanatic 64

I though it may be a limitation of the graphics card, but I see it is a limitation entirely of the program.

Edited for clarification.

OP
P

Psythik

I really wish I knew how to code. Surely some programmer can write a "super plugin" that combines the best features of every video plugin. It can't be that hard, can it?

F

Fanatic 64

Well, problem is:
1. There's no good DirectX plugin out there, so you would have to make one from scratch.
2. Jabo's method for adjusting the aspect ration is secret, so you would have to figure it out on your own.
3. Adding support for (Rice) texture packs isn't hard by itself, but it adds to the burden of problem #1.

So, it doesn't fit the definition of easy...

didado

Hello, i only seem to react when "Nglide" is maybe a possibility.. :blush:.

But the included "glide3x.dll wrapper" on "Glide64" is "Opengl". Whereas "Nglide" is a "Direct3d wrapper".

Install Nglide, use project64 1.6, don't use the (Opengl glide3x.dll) included with Glide64 (Final)
(if a 3dfx logo appears its done correctly)

- http://www.zeus-software.com/downloads/nglide
- https://code.google.com/p/glidehqplusglitch64/downloads/detail?name=Glide64_Final.zip&can=2&q=

just want to help :satisfied

Greetings and a happy new year

F

Fanatic 64

nGlide doesn't support many instructions used by Glide64, and thus has a lot of graphic glitches.

I don't know why many people recommend it over the included Glitch64 wrapper (what an ironic name also).

And this was a dead (4 months old) thread.

didado

Sorry for the bumping part (didnt see it only checked last post lol).
So if a forum thread gets older its useless to react then.

This isn't solved yet and i tested it with both zelda games. Worked fine for me and he asked for those games.

I know other games are having glitches.
Getting a half solution is better then nothing. Nglide is still being worked on.

like i said i just wanted to help :ermm:

F

Fanatic 64

Last time I tried it (about 6 months ago) all shadows were black/white squares...

And he could just use Direct3D 9 Rice Video for the same fix.

Just pointing it out. Although keeping discussing this is probably useless.