Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: GLideN64 blog

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    Well, I get it now. Sounds promising, keep up the great work!

GLFW is not very fit for working with "complex" 3D, as far as I've heard.

Just my $0.02 USD.
    http://www.glfw.org/faq.html#12__what_is_glfw_not

glfw doesn't have anything to do with the actual rendering, is just used for creating the "OGL window", which can be a pain to do manually for cross-platform projects.
    Another alternative is just to use SDL, but it's very bloated..

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvy View Post

glfw doesn't have anything to do with the actual rendering, is just used for creating the "OGL window", which can be a pain to do manually for cross-platform projects.
    Ah, then I confused it... Sounds pretty good then, definitely better than SDL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Please pay no attention to my post here, I'm just posting to update my subscription email notifications so that the subject line will say "Reply to thread" and therefore will follow my Gmail filters and be labeled & sorted correctly.
    EmuTalk's resident straight-male kuutsundere
    (just "tsundere" makes people think of "Shana clones" *shivers*)

CPU+iGPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.6GHz/1.281v
    dGPU: Diamond Radeon HD5870 1GB
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 1600 4x4GB

Plugin Developer (GlideN64) Gonetz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Salvy View Post

Thanks for the hint!
    Sorry for terrible English, my native language is C++

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Your implementation of hardware per-pixel shading is pretty nice. I hope you keep it, even if it isn't a dramatic improvement (although I bet it would look pretty nice in Perfect Dark).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What would be nice is screen space ambient occlusion. I wanted to implement it in the glide wrapper, but found it doesn't sample the depth buffer to a texture, which is then processed in a shader.

Maybe Gonetz could extend his plugin to allow for such post process shaders. This would allow for HDR lighting, too.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Why there isn't a "Like" button in EmuTalk? That sounds like a really good idea. IMO, with the advent of LLE plugins and cycle-accurate emulators, HLE plugins should try to show what they can bring to the table, and why they still matter. Because accept it, the idea of emulating games without obvious/undesirable glitches AND in modern rendering glory sounds very awesome. Yeah, I went kinda philosophical here, but you get the point.

Also something that grabbed my attention: In your blog you said this plugin is based on an existing OpenGL plugin, and that Glide64 wasn't suitable for your goals. Am I correct in assuming, based on your plugin's name and what you have said, that this plugin is based on glN64 0.4.1? If not, in which plugin is yours based on?

Plugin Developer (GlideN64) Gonetz's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmudlord View Post
    What would be nice is screen space ambient occlusion. I wanted to implement it in the glide wrapper, but found it doesn't sample the depth buffer to a texture, which is then processed in a shader.

Maybe Gonetz could extend his plugin to allow for such post process shaders. This would allow for HDR lighting, too.
    Could you give me a link to read about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanatic 64 View Post
    In your blog you said this plugin is based on an existing OpenGL plugin, and that Glide64 wasn't suitable for your goals. Am I correct in assuming, based on your plugin's name and what you have said, that this plugin is based on glN64 0.4.1? If not, in which plugin is yours based on?
    Yes, glN64. It has well designed and relatively easy to modify architecture and clean code, not overloaded with hacks. Thanks, Orkin, for making it open source
    Sorry for terrible English, my native language is C++

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonetz View Post
    Yes, glN64. It has well designed and relatively easy to modify architecture and clean code, not overloaded with hacks. Thanks, Orkin, for making it open source
    Well, that sounds great! I've always though glN64 could be really awesome with some work. It even gets the filter detection right!
    (See screenshot below, for some reason Jabo's black outline drives me overly mad.)
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast